Cool Trail Cam Pictures

Jon54

Chester County area

Attachments

• 3E1C9582-DF87-4ED6-9838-3519BB16E433.jpeg
    3E1C9582-DF87-4ED6-9838-3519BB16E433.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 178

Gmed

Black phase coyote…looks like a dog cross or something??? A "proud" bear. A tired bear. Old Bob about to have some supper….

Attachments

• 37BBCA79-6F0A-4673-90F9-2C2352E53B4F.jpeg
    37BBCA79-6F0A-4673-90F9-2C2352E53B4F.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 75CDE4AA-E26A-48B1-A527-4412142D574B.jpeg
    75CDE4AA-E26A-48B1-A527-4412142D574B.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 94
  • E4EB72DA-880F-4975-AE0A-78AF36BD89F8.jpeg
    E4EB72DA-880F-4975-AE0A-78AF36BD89F8.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 92
  • 9BB1E5B4-6E54-47FE-9517-DBD2B6DEBF49.jpeg
    9BB1E5B4-6E54-47FE-9517-DBD2B6DEBF49.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Wiley

This pic is from about 20 years ago with a DC 100 35mm trail camera. The pic is not doctored in any way and I have no idea what this little guy is doing with his back legs.

In those days we had to load film, check the batteries in the unit AND the camera itself (an actual 35mm camera inside the housing) and take the used film to be developed. Before the 1 hour film developing service came on the scene you would drop off your film to be shipped somewhere to be developed and the pics and negatives returned to your drop off place. Over the years I had 2 or 3 rolls of film lost by the folks doing the developing. I no longer run any cameras but it's quite a leap that trail cams have made from then to now.

Attachments

• No back legs.jpg
    No back legs.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 87

cbhunter

This pic is from about 20 years ago with a DC 100 35mm trail camera. The pic is not doctored in any way and I have no idea what this little guy is doing with his back legs.

In those days we had to load film, check the batteries in the unit AND the camera itself (an actual 35mm camera inside the housing) and take the used film to be developed. Before the 1 hour film developing service came on the scene you would drop off your film to be shipped somewhere to be developed and the pics and negatives returned to your drop off place. Over the years I had 2 or 3 rolls of film lost by the folks doing the developing. I no longer run any cameras but it's quite a leap that trail cams have made from then to now.
I believe I see one back leg almost perfectly behind his front leg. But he don't have 4 legs as far as I can tell

Very cool pic

BSK

Oh, the BAD old days of trail-cameras!

I remember the frustration/anger of finding out the film came off the sprockets of the camera's winder and didn't advance. Or the batteries had gone dead. Or the developer ruined the negatives. Or all 36 exposures were of a doe that bedded down in front of the camera. Or a hundred other things.

gtk

Staff member
Oh, the BAD old days of trail-cameras!

I remember the frustration/anger of finding out the film came off the sprockets of the camera's winder and didn't advance. Or the batteries had gone dead. Or the developer ruined the negatives. Or all 36 exposures were of a doe that bedded down in front of the camera. Or a hundred other things.
Yep. I developed so much film, I was on a first name basis with the photo-lady at Sams (where i dropped my film off). I always knew if i had a good batch of film when i walked in by her facial expressions :) I often wonder just how much $'s i spent on AA's and film over the years.

BSK

Yep. I developed so much film, I was on a first name basis with the photo-lady at Sams (where i dropped my film off). I always knew if i had a good batch of film when i walked in by her facial expressions :) I often wonder just how much $'s i spent on AA's and film over the years.
I got most of my film developed at a local Kroger, and the people working the photo section always got excited when they saw me coming. They got as much of a kick out of the buck pictures as I did!

Because running photo censuses is part of my business, for tax purposes I track all my expenditures. I know EXACTLY how much I spend on AA batteries each year, and it's not pretty. Especially because I use only high-end lithium AAs. I've started buying them in bulk over the internet, but it's still not cheap.

Wiley

I was on a first name basis with the photo-lady at Sams (where i dropped my film off).
I was in a similar situation until I dropped off 2 rolls of film at the one hour place. One was from a trail cam and one was from a weekend on the boat with my girlfriend at the time. The look that I got was one that I'll never forget. There was nekkid pics of my girlfriend .......................... and ME on there. Oh, damn I wanted to melt into the floor as I stood there thumbing through what that lady had developed for me. I departed pretty quickly.

Last edited:

JCDEERMAN

I still remember the first buck we got pictures of with those film cameras. We just couldn't believe we put a camera out and a buck walked in front of it 🤣. We only had one of those cameras and we actually still use the exact tree to put a camera on to this day at "The Salt Lick Stand". Good times

WanderingNomad

This reminded me of a buddy that developed the 1 hour film at a Kmart a long while ago that had a dude loose his mind on him when he picked up his pictures of his scantily clad hot girlfriend and noticed a lot of fingerprint smudges on them...