Trail Cam Pics Primarily at Night?

backyardtndeer

Still getting daytime activity here, but mostly the first hour or so after light. Figure my scrape dripper where my cell cam is located is probably about empty if not empty and needs refilled. Maybe it doesn't help, but up until a couple days ago I was getting pretty regular daytime pics of bucks working scrapes on that scrapeline.

pk117ac23

I knew we weren't alone, but a bit grateful that we aren't. Thought it was just me and our animals slowly moving the deer away from our homestead. Had only one solid sit out of three so far this season. A beautiful 3yo 8pt that we passed on for the sake of the future herd.

First buck caught on camera coming in daylight was 8:40am this Tuesday (since the beginning of archery season.) So that's good news! Nice cold front coming in before it warms back up to early summer temps at the Gun opener...

As of Muzzle Loader opener on 11/4, our county harvest totals year to date were 100 higher than last year at the opener, so it can't be THAT bad of weather, right?

Last edited:

BSK

Lots and lots and lots of daylight movement. Until MZ season opened. Deer/bucks switching to nocturnal movement once they're being hunted is pretty normal.

Latest posts