Check this out, possible 18,000 years old.

phildidit

I saw him and the point sat. @ the nashville show. He said the offers have been nowhere near 250,000. The point sure is awesome about half the people say its good and the other that its fake. Looks good to me and Dude seemed like a truthful person so I believe that is real.

phildidit

non heat treated Buffalo river chert or not far from it. The overall color was grey but it had some of the Buffalo River swirls also.

landman

the word on the street is one of the show organizers looked at it then asked him did a certain person make it for him.... said people with him didn't like the comment but, this is one of the top guys in the country with this stuff. Are saying its not the real deal

phildidit

landman said:
the word on the street is one of the show organizers looked at it then asked him did a certain person make it for him.... said people with him didn't like the comment but, this is one of the top guys in the country with this stuff. Are saying its not the real deal [/quote

Was it Dobbs Campman? He told me the point was fake and woundnt touch it. He has some of the best points known to man. Tom Davis , a well known authenticater, says its good. So thats two top names in the biz with different thoughts on the point.

landman

No, it was Mark Clark, they also talked about what Campman had said, also said the Nashville Show would not allow people who didn't have a booth to bring items in next year due to the amount of fakes going around.

Said that there are 3 different people that were making a living making fakes and passing them off, stated the Campman could usually look at fake and tell you which one of the 3 made it.

phildidit

Yeah honey, acid, garbage. The artifakers/ con men will do anything they can to age points. If I bought something for several thousand and turned out to be fake, lawsuit time. Until someone starts taking these dudes to court they will just continue to screw folks and get away with it. There has got to be some lawyers that collect artifacts that would offer services to bust some heads?

Chris Tripp

phildidit said:
Yeah honey, acid, garbage. The artifakers/ con men will do anything they can to age points. If I bought something for several thousand and turned out to be fake, lawsuit time. Until someone starts taking these dudes to court they will just continue to screw folks and get away with it. There has got to be some lawyers that collect artifacts that would offer services to bust some heads?

Yes, Karl Kilgus is a big collector and lawyer I deal with.

B.D.

phildidit said:
If I bought something for several thousand and turned out to be fake, lawsuit time. Until someone starts taking these dudes to court they will just continue to screw folks and get away with it. There has got to be some lawyers that collect artifacts that would offer services to bust some heads?

The tough part of a civil lawsuit is that the fakers often aren't worth a sh*t - you can get a judgment against them, but good luck collecting on it because whatever money they have passing through their hands is rarely showing up "on paper." You run into the same problems with people who sell counterfeit antiques and a lot of other collectible stuff.

If you get taken on something like this, the best thing to do is get your local district attorney involved and start swearing out criminal warrants for fraud. You're more likely to get some measure of justice by pursuing it as a crime like any other theft rather than hiring a civil attorney and trying to chase a civil lawsuit.

bd

Latest posts