Check this out, possible 18,000 years old.

phildidit

Dudes not very smart . how many people you think seen the story and are now stomping the creeks up there. If I found a point like that no one would ever know where it came from.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Well I be dog gone.

I have walked creeks with Darrel SEVERAL times.
In fact he is the one that taught Delta Boy and myself how to look in creeks instead of fields.

As for him not being very smart, I can PROMISE you he didn't tell anyone where he found it. That you can be sure of.

I can also assure you, I have more than likely been in the same creek and I could probably hit it right within 5 stops on the road. :D

He walks FAST and most people would have trouble keeping up with him much less keep up and scan for points.

At one time his collection had probably 50,000 points in it. I heard he sold alot of them but not sure. I ain't talked to him much since he quit working at MTD a few years ago.

I will say lastly, I doubt VERY seriously anyone in the country has spent as many hours or walked as many miles as he has.

Very cool and congrats to him.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Talked to his brother today and he confirmed he has told NOBODY where he found it, not even his brother. :D

Awesome for sure.

phildidit

Ruger that was not a personal shot at Mr. Higgins. I am sure he is a good dude. Just saying that alot of people that may not have been creekwalkers are gonna start after seeing the article . There already so many people walking you have to check several spots before not finding footprints. Am I jealous? heck yes

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Oh I know dude, it just made me laugh because I know him and know how he is about his spots. :D

I am so jealous I could crap too.
As many hours as he puts in he definately deserves it.

It does suck, even now at my honey hole I can hardly ever beat the footprints there after a rain. :(

4onaside

phildidit said:
Dudes not very smart . how many people you think seen the story and are now stomping the creeks up there. If I found a point like that no one would ever know where it came from.
I saw your post on your good finds this past weekend, and wondered why you didn't even casually identify the area in which you were hunting. Kinda kills the interest in or enthusiasm for your good fortune. Reminds me of a fisherman who makes a good catch in Kentucky lake, and refuses to even mention the lake, fearful that all of us are going to end up in "his" spot saturday. I am not an artifact collector, although as a life long outdoorsman, I have found a few points in my day, which are displayed in a small glass box in my den. But I do have an interest in knowing the details of someone's finds without their divulging the exact location. To me, it is a part of the experience, even for the finder. Obviously, you have an interest in everyone knowing of your success, or you wouldn't post pictures on a forum. lol

phildidit

4onaside said:
phildidit said:
I saw your post on your good finds this past weekend, and wondered why you didn't even casually identify the area in which you were hunting. Kinda kills the interest in or enthusiasm for your good fortune. Reminds me of a fisherman who makes a good catch in Kentucky lake, and refuses to even mention the lake, fearful that all of us are going to end up in "his" spot saturday. I am not an artifact collector, although as a life long outdoorsman, I have found a few points in my day, which are displayed in a small glass box in my den. But I do have an interest in knowing the details of someone's finds without their divulging the exact location. To me, it is a part of the experience, even for the finder. Obviously, you have an interest in everyone knowing of your success, or you wouldn't post pictures on a forum. lol
If I told where I found them I would not have any success.

Don'tDrinkTinks

hmmmm... let someone offer me 250K for something i find in a creek and i'm going bassboat shopping! and house shopping, and rifle shopping, and camo shopping,..... i guess i'll even take the girlfriend shoe shopping and to a buffet or something.

by the way i have never found anything of any importance in the woods but i always look.

Latest posts