Cat question

Knothead

If I were to kill a bobcat, what would I need to do with it (as far as proper way to 'package and freeze') until I could get it to a taxidermist to have it mounted? I assume you freeze them. ? Anybody know?

PalsPal

If I were to kill a bobcat, what would I need to do with it (as far as proper way to 'package and freeze') until I could get it to a taxidermist to have it mounted? I assume you freeze them. ? Anybody know?

Found this:

There are the big 3 for "slippage", hair loss due to bacteria, they are coyotes, bobcat and fox. Taxidermist have more problems from those 3 than all other species combined. When you shoot one, the first thing to do to insure a quality mount, is to leave the field and put it in a freezer. Do not continue to hunt, do not gut,skin, disect or do anything to it. Try not to even handle it anymore than necessary, especially the face and ears. Now let's step back for a minute, find a taxidermist that you like before shooting anything you want mounted

Saw something else that said to take paper towels and plug bullet holes to minimize blood loss.

Latest posts