Cat man’s Bonus Buck Hunt Parts I and Ii

catman529

I like what you did with that boat set up. Do you find there are a lot less hunters when accessing by boat as opposed to road access? I've went in by boat on some of the duck river and center hill lake but not in a couple of years. I have been thinking about doing something similar around here
Really depends where I go. Sometimes I can get away from people, sometimes I've got company anyway. Same with parking the truck and walking in.

flankston

Well if you ever wanted a camera man or run into an instance where you need one, let me know. I just like being out there but do a lot of hunting by myself. Also, any advice for someone getting into self filming?

catman529

Well if you ever wanted a camera man or run into an instance where you need one, let me know. I just like being out there but do a lot of hunting by myself. Also, any advice for someone getting into self filming?
Start on the cheaper end if you want to get into self filming. You might end up not liking it, and don't want to spend a bunch of money on something you end up hating. That said, I enjoy it as much as I enjoy hunting. Being able to go back and relive the memories and also share them with everyone else. But it's a hassle and a commitment to try and get everything on video. Always carrying a camera around, always filming BS when you could just be hunting. You'll either like it or you won't. If you like it, then you can upgrade to nicer gear. Panasonic makes a good starter camera in the $200 range, the HC-V180. I started with Walmart tripods and a cheap tree arm and then upgraded after a few years to nicer equipment that makes for smoother video. Just start simple and figure out if you really enjoy it or not. Hunting is about the enjoyment so don't let it be a burden.

flankston

Catman do you run into your cameras getting stolen on public? I didn't know if you had a secret to placing them where no one will see them, or you just risk it?

catman529

Catman do you run into your cameras getting stolen on public? I didn't know if you had a secret to placing them where no one will see them, or you just risk it?
I've had more SD cards than actual cameras stolen. Only had 1 or 2 cameras stolen on public and I've had one stolen on private as well.

Latest posts