Blast from the Past: Dennis Chastain's memorable bear and buck hunt

jaybird62

Well-known outdoors writer and naturalist Dennis Chastain from Pickens, South Carolina shared an phenomenal hunt 30 years ago with me in an article published in November 1992... before there was in Internet. Enjoy.

killingtime 41

Good story for sure. No cell cams their wasn't even cell phones to speak of back then. And he didn't name the buck 3 years before he actually got to kill it. No high dollar camo. That's how we all had to do it at one time for better or worse. I know I use to freeze my tail off in the 90's. At least they got warmer cloths these days. I wish I had the drive I had then with the knowledge I have now. I'd be dangerous. Lol

Ridgeline300

Good story! The part where he talked about not being able to get there until after daylight puzzled me, get up earlier! The other day I went on a hunt on some crowded public land to take a chance at a bonus buck. Scouted and found lots of sign but would be a long walk and I said no way I'm letting someone beat me here so I got up at 1 and meet my buddy at his house at 2 was there by 3:20 and sitting in my stand at 4:17. Good thing because at 4:30 here come a flashlight right me.

Latest posts