carrying a handgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttntrapper

Is it legal to carry a handgun with a carry permit during any hunting/training season on national forest and other wmas. I know this has probably already been answered and I tried searching but got everything except what I was looking for.

scn

With a carry permit it is legal on the Cherokee WMA and all of the "state" WMAs. Certain of the "federal" WMAs such as Oak Ridge and AEDC (and some other federal properties) do not allow it.

Unless the season is open for that type of weapon, it can only be carried for self-protection and may not be used in any manner for hunting. That would include protecting dogs during a training season.

TAFKAP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the law passed about 7 years ago allowed carry on *all* Federal lands with a few notable exceptions. For the most part, National Parks, Wildlife Refuges, and other non-secure places should be legal, correct?

I understand there are more sensitive "national security" considerations which prohibit carry at Oak Ridge and AEDC, right? What about Fort Campbell?

Unicam

TAFKAP said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the law passed about 7 years ago allowed carry on *all* Federal lands with a few notable exceptions. For the most part, National Parks, Wildlife Refuges, and other non-secure places should be legal, correct?

I understand there are more sensitive "national security" considerations which prohibit carry at Oak Ridge and AEDC, right? What about Fort Campbell?

Fort Campbell is a no go. Thats up to the base Commanding Officer.

scn

The Federal lands are not consistent in their regs on the handguns. As of last season, if you called LBL you were told they were not legal there.

Since I am not a federal officer, I can't speak to what is legal or not on their lands (with the exception of the Cherokee NF where we have been told it was OK). I would suggest contacting them before carrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts