Can't find the deer?

htnseymour

This new farm is killing me. First I see all the deer in a cornfield, then on a logging road that goes to power lines and ends at the lake. Now I can't find them anywhere. Only seen three bucks, and one was a monster, but now none. Not even on cameras that haven't been checked in 3 weeks. Anyone have thoughts?

Urban_Hunter

I am suffering your problem as well, minus seeing the monster. I have a few spots to hunt on this farm and when I don't see something from where I hunted I walk by one of my other spots on my way back out and EVERY time I run deer out. EVERY time I tell myself I was in the wrong stand.

tasaman

It's time for them to start moving out and marking new territory. They may not be there at all right now. But they will be back and new ones too.

htnseymour

Problem is Football, there are acorns on almost every inch of this farm. Heck I can even find them on the road leading into to it. Can't locate a good funnel, partially because I don't know exactly what to look for, and they dang things have never been hunted, so they are just relaxing hanging out somewhere and with 670 acres I haven't had time to see it all. Surrounded by the lake and two ponds doesn't make finding them near water easy either.

BSK

Football Hunter said:
They are on acorns........somewhere

Right now, deer are on every food available, which is food plots, browse, acorns, etc. We need a killing freeze to eliminate browse from the equation.

tasaman

htnseymour said:
Problem is Football, there are acorns on almost every inch of this farm. Heck I can even find them on the road leading into to it. Can't locate a good funnel, partially because I don't know exactly what to look for, and they dang things have never been hunted, so they are just relaxing hanging out somewhere and with 670 acres I haven't had time to see it all. Surrounded by the lake and two ponds doesn't make finding them near water easy either.

Man I wish I had your problems! Too many deer, too much food, too many acres. Yeah, that's like having too much money, too many women and a big...heart. haha

redblood

htnseymour said:
This new farm is killing me. First I see all the deer in a cornfield, then on a logging road that goes to power lines and ends at the lake. Now I can't find them anywhere. Only seen three bucks, and one was a monster, but now none. Not even on cameras that haven't been checked in 3 weeks. Anyone have thoughts?

your problem is your are in the wrong part of the state

Latest posts