bummer

Columbia Scott

He is paying for the new cape but it may be coming from up North somewhere. The whitetails up there are bigger and have longer hair. I'm going to have a goofy looking deer.

Columbia Scott

I certainly considered that but he assured me he could have it done this month and that it would be completely to my satisfaction. I told him just to hang on to the rack and I'd provide the cape in November.

Grill-n-man

That sucks for sure. On the bright side sounds like the taxidermist feels almost as bad about it as you do and is making it right the best he can right now. Killed a 7pt back in high school and the butcher let the cape lay out and ruined. The taxidermist got me another at no charge and 24 years later it is still on the wall. Point is be understanding and patient cause a good taxidermist can work wonders.

deerhunter10

msn that sucks. I would do the same I may even hold on the rack yourself just in case. but I would wait and see if you can get one yourself that way you know its from down here and I think it would look better personally.

Nealmeally

He wasn't on top of things if it rotted.. Hasn't even been that hot. I know freezers go out but rotted??? When was the last time he looked in there. I'd go get my rack and find another taxidermist.!! You trusted him with your deer that obviously you was proud of.. Him paying for a cape don't come close to fixing the problem... Just my opinion here.. I wouldn't carry him nothing else that's for sure!

To me his freezer is something he should check everyday!!!
I make it a point to check my freezer everyday and make sure it is running.. And I don't even have other people's deer heads in mine that they've already paid on for me to take care of... I would be very upset..

A

Anonymous

Sounds to me like he used your cape for somebody else and is not telling you the truth.

Columbia Scott

That may well be the case. I know alot of people were bringing him deer that they totally screwed up left and right. He told them he had more capes in the back that he could give them. I don't know where he could have gotten "extra" full capes from. If I'm just getting an antler plaque or a skull mount I sure ain't going to take the time to cape the deer. I'm just lopping off the head or cutting off the rack.

Latest posts