Bummer!

rifle02

One day about 2 weeks ago we had dangerously high winds. Supposedly 70 mph winds here at the house. Power was out Etc. Several days after that my wife and I went to the property to check to see how things were. I was expecting downed trees across access roads etc. No trees down at all but I did find this. Not looking forward to straightening out this mess. All four ground stakes jerked out, there was even an auger with a cable in the center, jerked it out as well.

Attachments

• 20230307_122813.jpg
    20230307_122813.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20230307_122733.jpg
    20230307_122733.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 100

DoubleRidge

Once you get it set back up drive 3 or 4 T-post as deep as you can and then U-bolt them to the frame.
I'd take the blind part off. Then stand tower up. Disassemble blind part and straighten or repair what's bent then reassemble blind on tower....take some work but looks repairable.....two we have anchored with T-post held...one buddy has with pins and screw anchor pulled out of ground and blew over... his was repairable...just allot of work....hope it goes back together ok for you.

rifle02

Once you get it set back up drive 3 or 4 T-post as deep as you can and then U-bolt them to the frame.
I'd take the blind part off. Then stand tower up. Disassemble blind part and straighten or repair what's bent then reassemble blind on tower....take some work but looks repairable.....two we have anchored with T-post held...one buddy has with pins and screw anchor pulled out of ground and blew over... his was repairable...just allot of work....hope it goes back together ok for you.
The T post idea sounds good I hadn't thought about that. I believe I will do it. My plan has been like you say disassemble the Blind and its frame. Stand up the tower repair the frame and reassemble the blind. More work than I'm in the mood for.
Now it's a turkey blind
Ha ha.

JCDEERMAN

We had one of ours blow over as well, however ours was just on cinder blocks. That wind storm was bad. I also couldn't believe there weren't more trees down on our property. 7 were down across the dirt road getting to our place, but only one down across our roads. Branches were everywhere

BSK

We did as DoubleRidge suggested when we put up our condo stands. Each leg has a T-post driven at least 18 inches into the ground and then U-bolted to leg. All our stands made it through the winds with no problems. We do not have center ground-screw anchors. Just the T-post/U-bolt anchors.

rifle02

We did as DoubleRidge suggested when we put up our condo stands. Each leg has a T-post driven at least 18 inches into the ground and then U-bolted to leg. All our stands made it through the winds with no problems. We do not have center ground-screw anchors. Just the T-post/U-bolt anchors.
About those ground screw anchors. Late in summer when myself and another man put that thing up the ground was very hard and dry in fact it crumbled pretty well when I screwed the auger into the ground. After we'd had rain and things were better I loosened the cable and turned that auger down another six inches or so thought it was good. When it jerked out it left a perfectly round hole 12 or 14 in deep in the ground amazing.

tellico4x4

About those ground screw anchors. Late in summer when myself and another man put that thing up the ground was very hard and dry in fact it crumbled pretty well when I screwed the auger into the ground. After we'd had rain and things were better I loosened the cable and turned that auger down another six inches or so thought it was good. When it jerked out it left a perfectly round hole 12 or 14 in deep in the ground
I've got a bunch of them anchored with mobile home anchors but legs are in concrete too. Before adding the center anchors I did have a couple blow over several years ago.

Latest posts