Bullet review opinion....

Tenntrapper

I'm not sure what to think about this. So, I'm asking you guys opinions.

I shot a deer this evening. For reasons I won't get into, my bullet hit a little high...and back.
The deer was quartering towards me. I hit the spine on such an angle, that it plowed through about 4-6" of spine. The bullet did not exit, but was close. Small exit hole, but not big enough for bullet....it was just under the hide.
The bullet was a 143g .264 Norma Bondstrike. It was loaded to about 2900 fps.
The deer was about 125 yards away. The recovered bullet weighed 76g. Im including a couple pics.

On one hand, the bullet did it's job, the buck dropped straight down. On the other...no exit wound, and massive weight loss for a bonded bullet. I just don't know if that's good or bad considering how much spine it went through.

Any thoughts??

Edit to add... I measured from both sides..90 degrees apart. The expanded bullet is .630 x .525
Looks like it doubled+ it's original diameter.

Taking the advice given...I won't use this one to form any negative opinion. It did work after all.
Thanks guys
IMG_20221128_183411__01.jpg
IMG_20221128_183423__01.jpg

Last edited:

Remi

Looks like great performance to me With all that it busted up in its path and it appears to have expanded wide, probably due to 6" of bone impact, so that will inhibit penetration.

A sample of one doesn't prove much.

Omega

+1 on the above, that bullet mushroomed perfectly and apparently did it's job. Bullets hitting moving targets do funny things, and even the best ones will sometimes fail to exit.

ROVERBOY

I think considering what it went through, that it did good. If it had hit shoulder bone or similar, instead of spine, it would've probably done better.

Gad Father

I would have no problem with that performance. Spine is tough and dense, so with that being said it would blow through both shoulders never to recover the bullet. Keep shooting.

Remington700

I think it did what you expected. It mushroomed and was a kill. Hitting the bone is the reason for it coming apart some. I would stick with it unless something else arises.

Latest posts