bucks chasing does

highcountry74

so far ive managed to kill a nice 8 pointer.he was the 3rd buck that came past me that day and he responded to me snort wheezing at him. his neck was swelled up.i went this morning and saw a buck running a doe.the rut is very very close.my dad also shot a 7 pointer from the same blind as my 8 pointer the very next day that buck was also snookered in by a primos bleat can and a grunt tube.i hope everybody else is having some luck.and was anybody else confused here in unit b by the wording of the muzzleloader regulations?i took it as 1 deer and u where done until gun.i checked with my local game warden after i saw it posted on the twra web sight and was tickled to learn i could still shoot 2 more bucks and a doe .tomorrow should be a great day to hunt with this cold front and rain(washing away bucks scrapes)they will be out refreshing scrapes tomorrow.good luck guys

stryker

I've been seeing some activity here i washington county and My uncle lives and hunts in sullivan county and he has been seeing chasing going on. It's a little earlier then most years but it is cranking up. I'm glad I'd rather it be now then when it's about to cold to sit or very very difficult to sit anyways. I think the mature bucks are just a little bit behind the other bucks but there is some mature bucks being killed around that was chasing. There's been several buck chasing the younger does and I don't know for sure but it seems like they may be coming in just a little earlier then the mature does or at least that seems to be what's happening from what I've put together from several people telling me that the bucks have been on the younger does trail. I just figured that could be the case. Good luck!!

Latest posts