Browning X-Bolt

Spurhunter

Since I can't find a Tikka T3 Hunter 7mm-08 anywhere in the world I have been eyeing the Browning X-Bolt Hunter. They seem to have all the bells and whistles, but I'm curious about quality and accuracy. Anybody have any experience and opinions with one?

REN

Ive had an Xbolt Eclipse 7mm-08 for a few years now. I have no complaints about it, the rifle is smooth and overall shoots very well. Mines not a .5 MOA gun BUT it shoots 1.5 or 1 MOA on most factory ammo Ive tried out of it from 125 grains to 165 grains.

the bolt is very very smooth and the trigger is crisp for a factory one. Again overall Ive been happy with it and would own another one for sure.

spinal tap

Don't sweat the Tikka in 7mm-08. I had one and it's the only Tikka I've had that didn't shoot well. You will find similar anecdotal experiences on the web about it. Not sure why, but that chambering did work well. My .308 and 6.5 CM T3s shoot great…really great.

Spurhunter

Don't sweat the Tikka in 7mm-08. I had one and it's the only Tikka I've had that didn't shoot well. You will find similar anecdotal experiences on the web about it. Not sure why, but that chambering did work well. My .308 and 6.5 CM T3s shoot great…really great.
I had a Tikka stainless/synthetic 7mm-08 that shot lights out with Federal Fusion ammo. The only reason I sold it is I just didn't like a shiny stainless gun in the woods on sunny days. I've also decided that I just prefer a rifle with a walnut stock and a blued barrel. I'm "old school" I guess.

tndave59

I've got a Tikka T3 in 7mm-08 that is walnut and blued but no way I'd sell it lol! I have a 300WSM as well and both are very smooth and accurate. No experience with browning other than handling them and for some reason they just don't fit me. I'm not crazy about the Tikka synthetic SS models either, they just don't feel as nice as walnut and blued, but that's just my personal preference.

spinal tap

I had a Tikka stainless/synthetic 7mm-08 that shot lights out with Federal Fusion ammo. The only reason I sold it is I just didn't like a shiny stainless gun in the woods on sunny days. I've also decided that I just prefer a rifle with a walnut stock and a blued barrel. I'm "old school" I guess.

Well, go figure! Maybe they had a bad run of barrels or something with mine. Mine was a 4 MOA gun compared to the 1 MOA .308 and the .5 MOA Creedmoor. Good luck with Browning. I've heard good things about them.

jlrobbins29

Since I can't find a Tikka T3 Hunter 7mm-08 anywhere in the world I have been eyeing the Browning X-Bolt Hunter. They seem to have all the bells and whistles, but I'm curious about quality and accuracy. Anybody have any experience and opinions with one?
I have a browning A bolt 7mm 08. Great little gun. Tack driver. Probably shot 50 times. I'm actually wanting to get rid of it now that my kids are grown. PM me if interested

Latest posts