FULL SIZE, BOLT ACTION, .22LR??

mike243

Marlin still making 22 with walnut these days no matter who owns them ? , love the older ones. scratch them off the list, what few are showing didn't meet the needs but none are still in production.

DaveTN

Well, that's certainly interesting. American made Heavy Barrel Savage with AccuTrigger. It's not high gloss blue and walnut, but GAG has it for $342. :)

Do you have that? If so, how does it perform?

megalomaniac

Well, that's certainly interesting. American made Heavy Barrel Savage with AccuTrigger. It's not high gloss blue and walnut, but GAG has it for $342. :)

Do you have that? If so, how does it perform?
I have one, but it's the cheaper version with light plastic stock. And it shoots lights out. Very pleased with it.

TN Song Dog

If I was buying a bolt action 22lr for the type of precision shooting I like, I would look hard at these. These are all mag fed with somewhat widely available 10rd mags and accessories.

Bergara B-14R
CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer
CZ 457 ProVarmint
Bergara BMR
Tikka T1x

There are other things out there like Vudoo and RimX, but thats another level. Cool thing about the B-14R is that it's full size Rem700 with AICS mag compatible. Most all Rem700 stocks, triggers, and accessories will work. I have the Tikka and have really enjoyed it. The bottom 3 of that list are more budget friendly than the top two. The top two seem to be chosen more by the top competitors, except those with the likes of Vudoo and RimX.

There are probably other really nice high end precision Bench Rest focused and hunting rifles out there, but I don't have experience with those like the Anschutz, Cooper, Kimber, etc.

The Ruger RPR and the Savage would also be options, but I've not seen them be as solidat the NRL matches. Seem to have more feed issues than the others, and accuracy seems to be more hit or miss on them. Also don't see the serious folks shooting those, so might partially be experience and need for some fine tuning.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Parkwest Arms

It made the Vudoo and RimX look like me at a beauty contest. $7000 for the low end basic but they had a high end Turkish walnut, case hardened metal one that was fugging STUNNING! I can honestly say that I had never held a $10,000 22 until then.

……and I actually though for a second how far I could get before I ran out of breath and someone tackling me😃

DaveB

Is there a quality, full size, bolt action, .22LR rifle made by an American company in America?

And for bonus points is there one that is high gloss blue and wood, preferably walnut?
I had one, sold it to another Member a few years back

Browning. A-Bolt. Full size. Gloss finish walnut.

Even had the original box.

Member got a deal, I got memories.

Latest posts