Bows you have owned ?

Radar

LCU said:
HA
Age class.
I'm not shooting with anyone who can pee without much effort.

Start a new thread if you want to have a bow shoot . This is about bows you have owned , not another one of your stupid pissin' matches . You guys can shoot at foam deer , I'm going bowhunting for real deer .
Now ,back on track .

Trapper John

I've only had three. I believe I got the first one when I was about 12 or 13. It was a Pearson Blazer compound. It was big, heavy, loud and I was never comfortable with it. I got it when I knew absolutely nothing about archery. Dad bought it for me because the guy at the shop told me, "It's a good one." At the time it may have been. Once the cable guide broke I tossed it and bought a Mathews FX in 1999. I shot it until a friend bought it and I replaced it with an FX2 in 2005. I still have that one.

I have no idea what will be next. The FX2 will have to wear out first.

DarkkDragon

Started serious bowhunting in 1994. That's when I bought the Darton.
1. Darton Excel
2. Mathews FeatherMax (still have)
3. Mathews MQ32
4. Hoyt RazorTech (still have)
5. Hoyt Trykon (still have)
6. Hoyt GameMaster Recurve (still have)
7. Bear ? Recurve (still have) was given to me by a friend
Have been a few more back when i was a teenager but don't remember what kind they were. Actually I think I may still have one of them in the attic and I think its a bear, one of the first compounds with two wheels and the tear drop string.

TheAirMan

1. Pearson Bushmaster (I think, I know it is a Pearson)
2. High Country Split Force
3. Parker Hunter Mag
4. Whisper Creek Navigator
5. Whisper Creek Sweet Demise

Still have them all, although a couple needs strings and cables.

Radar

Back on track : I wish I would have kept the original High Country I owned . They were the hottest bow on the market in the late 80's . It was the first bow on the market with 65% letoff , and had a 43" ATA . Perfect finger shooting bow .
The company went downhill in the mid 90 to late 90's . They are making a comeback , but don't have the marketing or hype for their bows like they used to .

GypsyByChoice

I still have my very first bow. It is a York Bushwacker. I bought it a few years ago when I first got into bow hunting. I have got so used to it that I cant see getting another one until this one just falls apart LOL.

BlueMarlin

Can't remember the first bow but I was 12 yrs old, maybe

K-mart special recurve, Missed 8-point (age 11)
Then a Bear recurve, No deer
(10+ yrs later)
Darton 60lb compound, 5 deer, 6 hogs
Xi Extreme, Many deer and hogs
Mathews MQ32, Deer, hogs and gobbler
Mathews Swithback (Current), Deer, biggest buck to date any weapon. Hopefully many more memories.
:)

Baxter83

My first bow was a York Raider that my dad bought me for my b-day in 95' or 96' i believe. I used it all the way up till last year. I finally broke down and got a new one. It's a Martin Bengal and so far I love it! :grin:

W.Seay

Mathews LX
2- Mathews switchback XT's
Mathews Drenalin
Mathews DXT
Martin prowler se

I have shot all the bowtechs, pse's, Martins but none of them feel as good to me as the Mathews.

BowGuy84

well lets see:

Started shooting when I was 5 at the renisance festival in triune. Left there and bought a red "compound" from wallmart. Practiced and practiced and finally got to where I could loft arrows and hit a hay bale at bottom of our hill. Went to 3d tournament at Bisanabi on superbowl sunday that year and won cub class with it (spitting snow and I was the only cub stupid enough to be out there).

Then it was a green camo fiberglass bow (dozens of arrows at squirells out around 100 yards)

Then I got a little more serious Martin X-100 (3d)

Then got real serious (some hoyt target bow for JOAD...burnt out about 13 and turned to baseball)

15 got a Browning...great shooting bow. Shot it until I was 18 and robinhooded with it the last week I had it. Shooting 55 lbs and XX75!

Then parker Phoniex. Killed 13 or 14 deer with it to date I believe. Won BPS employee tournament and it feels like a third arm.

I also have a 2007 hoyt Pro elite. Great shooting bow, but they are kinda finikie to set up. Still made me realize that a hunting bow is just that. Its never going to shoot like a target bow as it shouldnt.

Next on the list right now is a PSE X-force...if I can get on at BPS up here this summer and pro form it.

Todays bows are so good, if you put the time in you can kill any deer out to 40 yards. I really dont care who you are. JMO

JayMc

White fiberglass bow of some sort.

Whitetail II back in the early 90s. It was awesome. I shot with fingers and a glue on flipper rest. It's still at my parents' house.

I didn't shoot a bow all through college and for several years afterward.

Fast forward 12 years and I started back with a Hoyt. I owned a new Xtec and a couple other used Hoyts. All of them were great and held a good resale value.

I bought a Mathews Drenalin in the spring of '07. Since then I had a brief stint with a Mathews Prestige (don't want to discuss that fiasco) and a Drenalin LD.

I shoot the Drenalin for hunting and LD for tournaments and am very happy with both.

Radar

Unicam said:
Old fiberglass bow...mine was red
Bear Whitetail
Bear Whitetail 2
Bear Precision Hunter
Jennings Buckmaster
Mathews Drenalin

I think the Bear Whitetail was the top selling bow of all time .

Toxophilite Phil

I got a list a mile long

Bear Kodiak Magnum
Darton SL50
High Country Trophy Hunter (2)
High Country Sniper
High Country Royal Hunter
High Country Safari
High Country National Champion
Onieda Eagle (2)
PSE SL1000 (still have)
PSE LD 900
Hoyt Pro Star (still have)
PSE LD ? (still have)
PSE Boss One
PSE Boss One Impact
Mathews Rival Pro (2) (still have them both)
Mathews Conquest Pro (2)
Mathews Icon (still have)
Mathews Ovation (still have)
Martin ShadowCat
Wing RedWing
Black Widow MAII
Black Widow MAIII (2)
Ben Pearson recurves (2) (have one)
Harry Elburg Cherokee Magnum selfbow (still have)

I have several fiberglass and old recurves that are wall decorations and I have never shot them.

Latest posts