Bows you have owned ?

Radar

LCU's comments about "off brand" bows got me thinking about all the bows I have owned over the years , and the deer I have killed with each and every bow I have owned .
I started out shooting archery in the mid 70's shooting dad's Bear recurve . I started bowhunting in 1980 with dad's Jennings Sidekick . I took several deer with it , and bought one of the first PSE cam bows on the market in 1983 . Bought a PSE dealer bow in 1985 , then a High Country Trophy Whitetail in 1988 . A Hoyt Proforce Extreme in 1990 . Continental Appalachian in 1993 . PSE Fireflight Lightning cam in 1997 , Mathews FX in 2003 , 2006 Whisper Creek Innovator staff bow , 2006 Whisper Creek Innovator Pro prototype ,2007 Kodiak Outdoors Titan 34 ,Mathews Conquest Pro , Mathews LX ,2007 PSE Mach X , my current favorite bow .
I have killed deer with every bow , and it made no difference what brand was on the limbs .

Polecat

I guess my first bow was a Bear WhiteTail Hunter that I purchased and harvested my first deer with. Some time after that I rec'd an Indian Archery brand compound. I hunted with it quite a bit but don't ever remember killing anything with it. Then another a Bear White Tail II. Following that I picked up a PSE Precision Edge in Junior High and proceeded to shoot the snot out of it. The next bow was a Golden Eagle Hunter, it was OK but I didn't keep it long before replacing it with a PSE- Caroll Maurauder. The Caroll was a good bow and I shot it through the early 90's before replacing it with an Oregon. I loved that Oregon and would probably still be shooting it had the bottom limb not broke during practice. I hunted with the Old PSE from years past for a few more years before breaking down and purchasing a new Mathews Q2-Xl. That was about 5 or 6 years ago and I'm still shooting it having harvested an 8 point deer and a 7'8" alligator with it earlier this year. I might replace it sometime in the near future. I have a hard time parting with things that work.

bowriter

R.I.P.
My first compound was an Indian. Solid wood, two wheels, 50% letoff. I shot it off a glue-on flipper rest with no sights and canted like a recurve. I gave to an attorney to handle one of my divorces. I wish had it back but not if I had to take woman back, too. I think I killed 16 deer and one bear with that bow.

bobthebowhunter

Started with a pse nova in 1999. Missed a few deer with it. 2001 I borrowed a Mathews FX from my brother. Never killed a deer with that one because I gave it back before the season started. I then purchased a pse Xcellerator. I killed 7 deer in two years with that bow. Then I purchased a bowtech liberty vft. I regret handing that bow down to my bro in law. I killed 4 with that bow. Then purchased a bowtech commander. Killed 3 deer with that bow, but the ata was too long for hunting. So then I purchased a bowtech allegiance. I will never get rid of that bow.

LCU

PSE, Parker, Mathews, Mathews, Mathews.

I think Tndeer 3d shoot would be cool.
Pick the place, put your money on the table,and shoot for it.

I'll shoot my Drenalin in the over 50 class.

JayMc

LCU said:

Sweet! I'd love a 50+ yard class.

We could all shoot Sunday 11/9 at Old Hickory Lake Bowmen Club. It'll be a good shoot. We can shoot money class or trophy class with a side "arrangement".

LCU

JayMc said:
LCU said:

Sweet! I'd love a 50+ yard class.

We could all shoot Sunday 11/9 at Old Hickory Lake Bowmen Club. It'll be a good shoot. We can shoot money class or trophy class with a side "arrangement".

What are the distances?
Do you know the distances, or do you guess..not using a rangefinder?
I have only bow hunted. But, I am game to compete.
As long as I am not shooting against 30 year olds.

JayMc

LCU - when you said over 50 I thought you meant yardage :D

Now you're putting limitations on the wager? I'll be there on the 9th whether or not anybody else from here shows up.

b and d boyz

bought a pse, then a matthews z-max, then a matthews legacy, then I won a matthews switchback in a bow tournament and I have been shooting it ever since.

Latest posts