Bowfishing with Horns!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.D.

showmehorns said:
I'll make no pretense on using my kill. They are carp, they are invasive, and killing them for sport makes a lot of sense.

I see. So you don't shoot gar and buffalo (native fish), or are you a hypocrite?

What's the big deal? If you want to kill a bunch of fish, carry them out. What's so difficult about that? Leaving a bunch of dead fish scattered around is no different from leaving a big pile of trash. Are you also one of those guys who leaves a trail of beer cans and blue worm boxes behind your boat?

bd

showmehorns

Brian Dunigan said:
showmehorns said:
I'll make no pretense on using my kill. They are carp, they are invasive, and killing them for sport makes a lot of sense.

I see. So you don't shoot gar and buffalo (native fish), or are you a hypocrite?

What's the big deal? If you want to kill a bunch of fish, carry them out. What's so difficult about that? Leaving a bunch of dead fish scattered around is no different from leaving a big pile of trash. Are you also one of those guys who leaves a trail of beer cans and blue worm boxes behind your boat?

bd

First off, your a liar (that's pretty straight forward, huh? ). Unless your fishing ramps where people are dumping a pile of fish, your not having the problem you speak of. As far as buffalo and gar go, I've NEVER killed either, very few of them around these parts.

Do you stay after your hot, summer tourney's and clean up all the GAMEFISH you leave laying at the ramp? Don't lie to me again and say that doesnt happen, I've fished all my life and know how it works. Do you think I want to look at your mess while I'm putting the boat in for a night shoot? Nothing worse then a whiney hypocrite, huh Brian?

Tell me, are you one of those guys who just fluffy kitten to be bitching? Or did someone kill your favorite goldfish growing up as a kid?

B.D.

showmehorns said:
First off, your a liar (that's pretty straight forward, huh? ).

Yes, very straightforward. Not accurate and kinda pathetic, but I'll give you straightforward.

As far as buffalo and gar go, I've NEVER killed either, very few of them around these parts.

Good for you. Your bowfishing brethren around here don't follow the same rule, for sure. There are a few rivers I fish around here where huge schools of buffalo stack up in the summer time. The bowfishing guys come in, shoot them up, and leave them in the river.

Now, I don't want want to see a bunch of dead, shot fish laying around any more than I want to see a bunch of trash left on the bank. It's the same thing whether you're throwing away a paper bag or a dead fish. Carry it out. Why is it so hard for you to respect the people who don't want to see the mess you leave behind?

Do you stay after your hot, summer tourney's and clean up all the GAMEFISH you leave laying at the ramp? Don't lie to me again and say that doesnt happen, I've fished all my life and know how it works. Do you think I want to look at your mess while I'm putting the boat in for a night shoot? Nothing worse then a whiney hypocrite, huh Brian?

I don't fish tournaments. I agree with you that summer tournaments kill more bass than some people think - I've said as much myself.

But yeah, you were a little whiney there.

bd

B.D.

I just don't know why people pick on bowfishers and say they're wasteful.

bowtastrafy.jpg

bd

showmehorns

Brian Dunigan said:
I just don't know why people pick on bowfishers and say they're wasteful.

bowtastrafy.jpg

bd

People pick on us? :confused: People crying because they think we should be eating these nasty, unwanted, invasive fish aren't picking, they just aren't intelligent enough to understand how it works.

Dumping your nights\day kill under a bridge is not only illegal, but very ignorant. Are you trying to prove a point of wastefulness? Nothing wasteful at all about the number of fish they killed, twice as many wouldn't be enough. The only reason for the article is because of the way they were dumped illegally. Your striking out, Brian. ;)

I thought the only thing that bothered you was fishing around dead fish that Rosie O'Donnell bowfishermen left laying around? Now it's because we are wasting this precious resource? Which is it? Again, you just whine to hear yourself whine, don't you? Decide what useless punch your going to throw before bouncing around the ring and tiring yourself out, it just makes you look bad (like it hasn't been done over and over again).

Status
Not open for further replies.