Bowfishing with Horns!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitndrum

Well we had a very memorable Team TLBB Roadtrip yesterday as we headed up to Sullivan Co and met up with Tim and hit the water for a day of deflating Carp, or anything thats legal!! :D
I took Fullstrut189 with me with his video camera and was able to throw down some AWESOME footage before the battery died, 60 minute tape only 20 left, stay tuned for the video in a couple of weeks!!!!

Team TLBB-Lowering Water levels

We saved this turtle after we launched I called it our mascot we named it myrtle and was released in a dry enviorment!
012-1.jpg

Tim and Cody behind the wheel!!
014.jpg

3 Bows, 3 Guys, Deflation Process Beginning!
018.jpg

021.jpg

020-1.jpg

022.jpg

End of the day, Blodd shed on the deck of the boat and a scale to sport the AMS Broadhead!
017.jpg

No pics of my kills but they are on the video, I killed 8 fish all day, Fullstrut killed 5-6 and Tim well he killed pretty much the rest to average us up around 30 fish for the day, ofcourse we counted the ones that got off at the boat cause lets face it they are hurting if not dead!! :grin:

Good Times Boys, Tim thanks for everything man see ya soon!!

spitndrum

Panther78 said:
I haven't never been, spit said I would get to go with him some time so. :cool: I think it would fun to just watch at first.

Charlies boat will be done soon and you can go depending on if he has any ppl going, 3 is about the limit!! ;)

WORM82

hey you guys were in my neck of the woods. where were you fishing? boone or ft patrick henry?? patrick henry is absolutely full of carp.

WORM82

hey you guys were in my neck of the woods. where were you fishing? boone or ft patrick henry?? patrick henry is absolutely full of carp.

rukiddin

Where's all the blood on the carpet? :)

I have but one request to fellow bowfishermen....Please do not "quick release" your carp. Keep them in a barrel or tub and dispose of them in a way that will not negatively impact bowfishing. This is becoming a very big issue in the bowfishing community and we need all the support we can get.

I'm not saying you guys specifically, just pass the word along.
NO RAMP DUMPING!!!

spitndrum

rukiddin? said:
Where's all the blood on the carpet? :)

I have but one request to fellow bowfishermen....Please do not "quick release" your carp. Keep them in a barrel or tub and dispose of them in a way that will not negatively impact bowfishing. This is becoming a very big issue in the bowfishing community and we need all the support we can get.

I'm not saying you guys specifically, just pass the word along.
NO RAMP DUMPING!!!

We dont dump ours at the ramp and I know you wasnt pointing fingers at us jus saying Tim dont shoot around Marinas and such so there is no dead ones floating!

B.D.

rukiddin? said:

I'll second this. I don't bowfish, but bowfishing is legal and that's fine. But personally, I don't appreciate fishing in a spot that bowfishers have hit and "quick relased" where I have to look at fifty dead and dying buffalo, gar, carp, etc. floating around while I fish.

I was taught that when you kill something, you've got a responsibility to eat your kill or make use of it somehow. You don't just kill for sport and then leave your kill to rot. That's not what sportsmen do - though it's what PETA says we do. I don't like seeing people help them make their case.

I understand that other folks don't have the same sportsman's ethics that I do, and TWRA has said you can kill all the "trash" fish you want and just leave them to die. So you're within your rights, my opinion notwithstanding, and I understand that.

How about a compromise: I will fully support bowfishing and will not complain about it, as long as you guys carry your catch out, give it to someone who wants the fish, put it on the garden for fertilizer, or at least make some pretense of using your kill. But every time I fish a creek or a flat where you guys have left two dozen dying fish twirling around shot, I give serious thought to calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys.

bd

showmehorns

Brian Dunigan said:
rukiddin? said:

I'll second this. I don't bowfish, but bowfishing is legal and that's fine. But personally, I don't appreciate fishing in a spot that bowfishers have hit and "quick relased" where I have to look at fifty dead and dying buffalo, gar, carp, etc. floating around while I fish.

I was taught that when you kill something, you've got a responsibility to eat your kill or make use of it somehow. You don't just kill for sport and then leave your kill to rot. That's not what sportsmen do - though it's what PETA says we do. I don't like seeing people help them make their case.

I understand that other folks don't have the same sportsman's ethics that I do, and TWRA has said you can kill all the "trash" fish you want and just leave them to die. So you're within your rights, my opinion notwithstanding, and I understand that.

How about a compromise: I will fully support bowfishing and will not complain about it, as long as you guys carry your catch out, give it to someone who wants the fish, put it on the garden for fertilizer, or at least make some pretense of using your kill. But every time I fish a creek or a flat where you guys have left two dozen dying fish twirling around shot, I give serious thought to calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys.

bd

I'll make no pretense on using my kill. They are carp, they are invasive, and killing them for sport makes a lot of sense. When weight isn't a issue (two people or less), I'll load them up and take them to the farm to rot. When weight is an issue, they go back in the water. NEVER will I dump fish around a ramp or in any type of marina for the those that are so soft hearted.

You live with this and I'll think about not calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys that leave a dozen, dead and floating, GAME FISH laying around after a big tournament.

spitndrum

Brian Dunigan said:
rukiddin? said:

bd

Dude I'm not eating a carp....personally if you have a problem with it find you another place to fish!!! :D

spitndrum

showmehorns said:
Brian Dunigan said:
rukiddin? said:

bd

I'll make no pretense on using my kill. They are carp, they are invasive, and killing them for sport makes a lot of sense. When weight isn't a issue (two people or less), I'll load them up and take them to the farm to rot. When weight is an issue, they go back in the water. NEVER will I dump fish around a ramp or in any type of marina for the those that are so soft hearted.

You live with this and I'll think about not calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys that leave a dozen, dead and floating, GAME FISH laying around after a big tournament.

Uh....hits home huh....never gonna win folks to each is his own jus enjoy your sport and thats that!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts