Bought a new rifle need some glass advice

RidgeRunner13

Hey y'all, I picked up a POF P308 today. I want to do some long range shooting with it but it'll also be in the woods with me. I don't know how far I want to shoot as far as distance just yet.

Anyways need some help picking out glass. I don't really have a budget picked out just yet as I have a month or two to make up my mind. I've owned Leupold but never been a big fan. Kinda thinking along the lines of Vortex but I'm open to other suggestions. Give me some ideas for when I go scope shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RidgeRunner13

TNRifleman":13dh1a6f said:
This would be my pick and this is a fantastic price on it. However, based on the other recent scope post in this forum, none of us on here know the first thing about scopes so you should probably take our advice with a grain of salt. :)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting ... FN-1100246

I had seen all the other threads but was about to go into work so I didn't have time to go through them all. Is the price jump between the 40mm and 50mm really worth it?

TNRifleman

Well the one on sale is actually a 44mm but I can't speak to the 50mm as I have never owned one. I can tell you that the 44's that I own are plenty bright for shooting during legal hunting hours.

dhpro

I have several Leopold s last 2 guns I've bought I put Burris on them .they are great scope and a forever warranty .very clean or clear

7mm08

I really like the Vortex PST 2.5 - 10 x 44 I bought. It has great low light clarity and is better than the Ziess Conquest I had on this rifle.

Good luck on your search

PS my 100 y before the last shot that got her dialed in. The 200 was easy and right on target with 0.4 mrad adjustment using the iStrelok app.

Latest posts