bone cold winter ahead ?

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
You folks can have the snow, I simply don't like it anymore. As far as tracking deer in the snow; where I hunt in the mountains, they simple bed down and wait for warmer temps. I have never seen deer after a snow.

skynimrod

Big group of Honkers flew overhead over the weekend heading south. Seems a little early. I'm putting in a wood stove this year. Bring it on!

bowriter

R.I.P.
Snow=nice wood fire=adult beverage=great afternoon nap=bunch of big men running into each other on television=another great nap=big bowl of chilli=time spent on porcelain=another great nap=no grass mowing.

shopson

rutnstrut2 said:
You guys need to watch out because all the old timer signs are saying bad winter, killed a hornets nest right on the ground, all black wolly worms, I think it is going to be bad and long but I guess we will have to see

Wife and I were talking about the wooly worms yesterday. So far all orange here, not even a black stripe.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Near Burn, TN 1984.

wxsnow.jpg

LA man

shopson said:
rutnstrut2 said:
You guys need to watch out because all the old timer signs are saying bad winter, killed a hornets nest right on the ground, all black wolly worms, I think it is going to be bad and long but I guess we will have to see

Wife and I were talking about the wooly worms yesterday. So far all orange here, not even a black stripe.

SAME HERE

B.D.

ShaneHallum said:
check the persimmions, see if they have a fork or a spoon in them. if they have the fork it will be a bad winter.

The persimmons aren't ripe yet. Even I'm not crazy enough to want to eat a green persimmon.

bd

Latest posts