Bobcat Set critique, thoughts?

Trapper

Blue - feathers
Purple- 4" hole on a 70% angle
Green - stepping sticks
Orange - rocks the size of a quarter to half dollar

I would shave the bank till it is a 90 degree and move the hole to the bottom of it( you want the hole on a real steep angle to get him close to look down in it ) . Then take the feathers and put the around the hole up on the bank make it look interesting to what ever is going to past by. I wouldn't completely cover the hole up something else to grab his attention . Put some grass in the hole then take what ever bait you are using and mix it with grass and make a ball then throw it in the hole . I would also put a good cat gland up on the bank around knee high for him to rub on and keep the trap tight to the hole .The more you can get him to move his feet the better odds you have him to step on the pan . I'm not a big fan of urine on a logging trail you will have a lot of tripped traps from deer in my experience . Hope this helps it's just one way to spruce up what you got there now . Good luck !

Attachments

• D4EFEDB5-8CAD-4E3A-B3EF-C9AB1DFF71CC.jpeg
    D4EFEDB5-8CAD-4E3A-B3EF-C9AB1DFF71CC.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 54

Shanman

set photos updated, last post, let me know what you thinK!
Looking better.đź‘Ť
Main thing i would have done different would be to add more backing above the hole, make it where they have to approach from the front. Next, less leafs up front, basically make a clean dirt path to the hole. Block around your trap like Trapper shows in the diagram, as you will find, cats can be blocked heavily and it doesn't bother them. Keep watching your video and try new sets, don't get hung up on one type set for cats.

Speedwell-Hunter

Blue - feathers
Purple- 4" hole on a 70% angle
Green - stepping sticks
Orange - rocks the size of a quarter to half dollar

I would shave the bank till it is a 90 degree and move the hole to the bottom of it( you want the hole on a real steep angle to get him close to look down in it ) . Then take the feathers and put the around the hole up on the bank make it look interesting to what ever is going to past by. I wouldn't completely cover the hole up something else to grab his attention . Put some grass in the hole then take what ever bait you are using and mix it with grass and make a ball then throw it in the hole . I would also put a good cat gland up on the bank around knee high for him to rub on and keep the trap tight to the hole .The more you can get him to move his feet the better odds you have him to step on the pan . I'm not a big fan of urine on a logging trail you will have a lot of tripped traps from deer in my experience . Hope this helps it's just one way to spruce up what you got there now . Good luck !
This is so helpful, thank you!