Blew it

htnseymour

Literally started to blow a grunt call and at 20 yards walks a 6 or 8 pt. Didn't take enough time rushed the shot and long story short 30 minutes later found blood a small bone sliver and then see him hop a fence. Guessing low shoulder since I was in a hurry because he was about to be in the blind with me. So mad at myself especially since this is the first decent deer I've seen all year except for the monster I couldn't draw my bow on at oak ridge on Halloween. Bout ready after two hours of looking to thrown the muzzle loader in the river and wait for gun season. :livid:

Blackberrygirl

Know the feeling. Hit a nice doe on my property this morning. She dropped, then tried getting up so fired again. Down. Not for long she raised up & fell backwards & stayed down so I went to house & waited. In 30 minutes time she left my pond area headed down hill toward my creek tried to climb a 40degree hill slid backwards crossed small creek laid down then I lost her. Don't know if she went up other hill or continued down small creek to larger one. Lots of blood where I initially shot her some where she tried to climb hill then nothing. Been looking 90 acres since 8 a.m..Most of it steep hills & bluffs so I concentrated on water but nothing. Guess, I'll wait to see if coyotes or buzzards come in. :(