BlackCloud Waterfowl loads.....

Grizzly Johnson

Any of you guys use it/like it?

I have two fellows I hunt with sometimes that swear by it..... thinking about trying some for my 10 & 12 this year on geese......

Those that have used it, how were the results vs. regular type steel shot?

Polecat

Bought some of it last year on clearance. Not very impressed with it. Saw some problems with the flight control wad and remember seeing one and hearing of some gun barrels being ruined because of the FC wad and choke combination.

TNtrapper

I shot about half a case of it last season in 3'' #5s. I can tell ya its louder than heck and a little dirty..but then again about all Federals are a little dirtier than some. I didnt have any problems out of them using a black cloud choke. I ended up using them on the river for longer shots because in the timber at ranges of 20-25 yards they will tear a duck apart.Cant eat those! ;) Absolutely NO cripples using them though versus regular Federal Magshoks.

WingNut

I shot them the last two years and they are good. Definatly no cripples. The will tear a duck up in the timber and up close. Don't shoot them out of a pattermaster choke or some full chokes unless you want to buy a new barrel for your gun. Pattermaster has a specific choke for BlackCloud shells but I just used the factory Mod. choke and had no problems.

Polecat

That FC wad can wind plane. Turkey hunters have seen that happen before and I saw it last year for myself shooting at a distant cripple. Guy sitting directly behind me in the boat was looking over my shoulder and down the barrel and verified that I was on the duck which was swimming directly away from us at the time of the shot. When I shot the pellets struck the water 20-30 feet to the right of the duck. That's the only thing I can think of.

Duck Tracker

Can't bring my self to buy them things.

I know a guy who bought a box last year and went to Woods and opened the box and went to grab 3 out to load up and knocked the whole box in about 6 foot of water.:D You can dive under 10 and find'em :D

Grizzly Johnson

Duck Tracker said:
Can't bring my self to buy them things.

I know a guy who bought a box last year and went to Woods and opened the box and went to grab 3 out to load up and knocked the whole box in about 6 foot of water.:D You can dive under 10 and find'em :D

I bet the look on his face was priceless though!!!

Duck Tracker

I think I saw a $25 tear roll down his cheek:D

I'd a dove in after them!

I actually got some shells last year that worked good out of my 870 super mag. They are the Remington sportsman #6's. I was kind of hesitant about them but I got a good deal on them and a guy I hunt with told me he had real goodluck with them. I was surprised at how they shot from my gun.

They flat wore the big groups of jacks and woodies out on the big river. Most spots we hunt are close in timber holes but they did pretty good on the big river and rice fields in arkansas too.

I normally shoot Dry Lok's.

Grizzly Johnson

I usually shoot the Remington or Winchester shells in my 12ga, and Federal shells in my 10ga. I was looking at the Black Cloud for early goose season to how well it would shoot out of my 10ga. I normally shoot BB with an X-Full choke from a 26" barrel.