Boss Copper Plated Bismuth Loads

Kevin

Have been using them for 2 seasons now. I wont go back to steel. I shoot FAR less than i used to with follow up shots required for steel.

In flooded timber i shoot 20 guage 3 inch 5's.

This early goose I shot big honkers at 60+ yards with 2.75 inch number 4's.

Absolute hammers on both loads.

SKFOOTER

Have been using them for 2 seasons now. I wont go back to steel. I shoot FAR less than i used to with follow up shots required for steel.

What choke and constriction??

WilcoKen

I bought some for my old 20 gauge Wingmaster. They pattern good. Cant wait to try them on ducks.

rukiddin

BOSS shells are copper plated bismuth, not copper plated tungsten.

Shot a few in 20 and 28 gauge. Great shells. Next best thing to TSS imo.

cmn

I have been hunting ducks over decoys at Reelfoot. I shoot them out of 2 different doubles. Both choked f/m. I shoot 2 3/4 #5
I have surprised many people with how effective these shells are. This will be my 4th season using them.
I am going bird hunting in Montana using my 28 and will be shooting 6's for sharpies and pheasant

Displaced_Vol

I thought boss just did Bismuth? Two very different loads at two very different price points.
I know Apex does tungsten.

OldGoat68

this will be my third season shooting Boss. love it. Shoot the 2 3/4 12 ga 5's and will shoot the 3in 20ga 5's this year also. Patterns well, never a miss fire and has been very consistent for me. Has worked well for ducks and geese both. Won't go back to steel. Well worth the extra $$ for it. But order early, they have sold out closer to season before.

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Used it last year, number 4s and 5s 20 gauge and although I did not shoot a ton of ducks, it folded them. Don't have enough comparison between steel and boss but the weight difference between the two speaks for itself in regards to momentum of the pellets

SKFOOTER

Used it last year, number 4s and 5s 20 gauge and although I did not shoot a ton of ducks, it folded them. Don't have enough comparison between steel and boss but the weight difference between the two speaks for itself in regards to momentum of the pellets
What gun and choke?

SKFOOTER

this will be my third season shooting Boss. love it. Shoot the 2 3/4 12 ga 5's and will shoot the 3in 20ga 5's this year also. Patterns well, never a miss fire and has been very consistent for me. Has worked well for ducks and geese both. Won't go back to steel. Well worth the extra $$ for it. But order early, they have sold out closer to season before.
What gun and choke?

Tweeter

Shot em for teal for the first time last year, thought they were the $hit! But after shooting a mallard drake a foot off the water and having to shoot him again! I'll go back to my hevi steel #1and xfull choke!

Levee Jumper

Interesting…. 2.25" penetration is recommended for big geese. Bismuth 4's only get 1.5" out to less than 50 yards.

Bismuth 4's and steel 2's are very similar ballistically. The benefit is definately in the increase in pellet count.
2AC1D05E-CA73-4CE6-9EFA-08987AA17084.jpeg

Last edited:

Someone gave me this same review today. 1st time I had heard of them.

Latest posts