The waterfowl jinx continues

Remington700

That is basically why I dont waterfowl hunt any more. It is so hit or miss. I have a friend I talk to regularly about his blind. He had killed 45 ducks and 2 geese out of it all season. They went on juvy and killed 25 out of it in one day.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dang what area were y'all planning on going. We always hunted north west Missouri the first week of March and "usually" did pretty dang good.
SEMO.
The guide said the birds were down South and he was expecting a big push this week but apparently it hasn't happened yet.

Hduke86

SEMO.
The guide said the birds were down South and he was expecting a big push this week but apparently it hasn't happened yet.
Your guide may not be seeing all the ones already heading north. The last count on Loess Bluff refuge which is in the area we usually hunted the first week of March was February 7th. If I had to guess I'd say by March 1st it will hit the million snow count. I've been on the place when it's a million bird count and trust me it's something to see. It's insane the amount of snows packed in. Just look at this survey and you can see the huge push from one survey to the next of snows. 470FC7C8-3184-47B4-AA5F-B03E32F6935A.jpeg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Your guide may not be seeing all the ones already heading north. The last count on Loess Bluff refuge which is in the area we usually hunted the first week of March was February 7th. If I had to guess I'd say by March 1st it will hit the million snow count. I've been on the place when it's a million bird count and trust me it's something to see. It's insane the amount of snows packed in. Just look at this survey and you can see the huge push from one survey to the next of snows.View attachment 168446
Yeah he was expecting a big push this week.
He said they are all still to the South.
They have been killing like 8 or so a day. He said they haven't seen a goose all day today.
Bad part is we have until 3:00 p.m. today to cancel the house and get a full refund.

Hduke86

Yeah he was expecting a big push this week.
He said they are all still to the South.
They have been killing like 8 or so a day. He said they haven't seen a goose all day today.
Bad part is we have until 3:00 p.m. today to cancel the house and get a full refund.
man that's tough cause the weather here on Friday and Saturday is supposed to be warm and blue bird skies which is great for snow goose heading north. I don't know what the weather will be like in the snows path but that would dictate my decision. If it was rainy and cool I'd cancel. Layout blinds or pit hunt?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
man that's tough cause the weather here on Friday and Saturday is supposed to be warm and blue bird skies which is great for snow goose heading north. I don't know what the weather will be like in the snows path but that would dictate my decision. If it was rainy and cool I'd cancel. Layout blinds or pit hunt?
Pit,

Trapper

We went three years ago never fired a shot and never seen a snow . I wished the guide would've called me and canceled. I told the kids that would be the most expensive breakfast they ever had . We were supposed to have a 2 day hunt but after sitting in the pit for 6 hours without seeing anything we packed up and drove back home .

Latest posts