Food Plots Biologic outfitters blend?

timberjack86

BlountArrow said:
timberjack86 said:
Anyone tried it? The walmart in my area has it for $19.99 so I picked up a bag for this September.

Check the label. How much in a bag? What's in the bag?
Bag says it will plant half an acre.
63.92% Grazzer max wheat
14.10% bob oats
4.70% Austrian field pea
5.64% Tritcale
2.82%Berseem clover
2.82% brassicas

tellico4x4

Never tried the Outfitter blend, but have had great success with other Biologic seeds in the past. I decided 3 years ago, that we'd try the cheaper route with Dwarf Essex Rape, Athena Rape & a local seed companies brassica blend. This year, we are going back to Boiologic Maximum for our brassica seed. I simply could not get the same results with the generic brassica types that we did with Maximum.

We have 36 food plots that we plant each year and really try to do them right. Over the years all have been soil tested, correct amount of lime spread, properly fertilized & sprayed for weeds numerous times. If you factor in all the expenses & time devoted to food plots, the seed is one of the cheapest expenditures you'll have, no matter what brand you choose. Use what is best for your application, and the only way to determine that is by experimenting. Heck, that's one of the fun things about fooling with food plots!

I orderd three 27# bags bags of Maximum last week from Midway USA who had free shipping on it. With all the moisture we've had this year, it'll be in the ground in about 3 weeks.

Below are a few pics of Maximum the last year we planted it (2009), hoping for similar results this year.

Maximum 6 weeks after planting, approx 2' tall:

PA020002 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Same plot post season:

P2200002 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Another Maximum plot that was over 3' tall:

PA170014 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

The bucks liked the Maximum too!

CDY_0186 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

timberjack86

tellico4x4 said:
Never tried the Outfitter blend, but have had great success with other Biologic seeds in the past. I decided 3 years ago, that we'd try the cheaper route with Dwarf Essex Rape, Athena Rape & a local seed companies brassica blend. This year, we are going back to Boiologic Maximum for our brassica seed. I simply could not get the same results with the generic brassica types that we did with Maximum.

We have 36 food plots that we plant each year and really try to do them right. Over the years all have been soil tested, correct amount of lime spread, properly fertilized & sprayed for weeds numerous times. If you factor in all the expenses & time devoted to food plots, the seed is one of the cheapest expenditures you'll have, no matter what brand you choose. Use what is best for your application, and the only way to determine that is by experimenting. Heck, that's one of the fun things about fooling with food plots!

I orderd three 27# bags bags of Maximum last week from Midway USA who had free shipping on it. With all the moisture we've had this year, it'll be in the ground in about 3 weeks.

Below are a few pics of Maximum the last year we planted it (2009), hoping for similar results this year.

Maximum 6 weeks after planting, approx 2' tall:

PA020002 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Same plot post season:

P2200002 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Another Maximum plot that was over 3' tall:

PA170014 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

The bucks liked the Maximum too!

CDY_0186 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr
Awesome looking plots!!!

Latest posts