Food Plots Trying a new biomass seed blend

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Kind of like Sunn Hemp. I have video of deer eating the tops out of the plants when they are 2-3 feet tall, but the browse pressure was not significant. However, Sunn Hemp produces a massive amount of biomass for the soil. Just DON'T plan on tilling that plot for a couple of years! I would bushhog it or crimp it and then plant with a drill, and I would make sure I knocked down the Sunn Hemp in the exact same direction I planned on running the drill. The Sunn Hemp stalks are so stiff I'm not sure they would let a drill get into the ground if you tried to run the drill perpendicular to how the plants are lying.
I like to drill into blends containing sun hemp late august while it's in bloom and still growing. Our no till parts the stalks and plants right thru it breaking a lot over as I go. Plot looks pretty ragged afterwords but it works well.

BSK

I like to drill into blends containing sun hemp late august while it's in bloom and still growing. Our no till parts the stalks and plants right thru it breaking a lot over as I go. Plot looks pretty ragged afterwords but it works well.
That would be the way to do it.

Latest posts