SUNP0067.jpg

and so was this one
SUNP0027.jpg

Never saw this one
SUNP0020-1.jpg

This was taken at T.O. Fuller State Park in Memphis
R1-25.jpg

156p&y

Cool pics Easy I like the before and after pics.

TT they all varied the closest was probably 250-300 and the farthest was probably a half mile in that bunch posted. I had a bunch of other pics of those deer except a couple of them. During the season when I'm scouting with my camera and getting pics of a deer in certian areas I almost always kill that deer within 500 yards of where I have the most photos of them. I had to start walking this year to put out my camera. I started picking up picks of other hunters following my tracks to find the dang thing during bow season. JCDEERMAN and I had a good laugh at one of them. You could see my dad driving looking at the ground and then the next photo you could see my mom pointing at it and then the third photo they were turning around like nothing happened. LOL :D

DSC_0037.jpg
[/img]

Here is another pic of that big 7. I shot him 50 yards from this picture. I was just running the camera up and down a couple of scrape lines he was working until he started working them within a couple hours of shooting time. Then I started hunting him. I have noticed though that if I leave my camera in a spot more than 3-4 days I will not get any pictures of mature deer. I try to move mine whenever my schedule permits.

tickweed

trailcam3001-1.jpg
I've show this photo several times in the past, but this is still my best one, not only in size, but as well as being a really neat pic, with the sapling being hung in his rack. I hunted him one day, after getting him on cam, and was very lucky to take him.

A

Anonymous

JCDEERMAN said:
Dawson said:
He was a huge main frame 6 on one side and only had a short main beam, a brow tine a short G2 on the other. He was limping badly and very thin. My best guess is that he was shot late in the season last year or hit by a car.

When the buck was limping, was it one of his front legs? Also, was the non-dominant antler side on the same side of the injured leg?
It was an injury on his hind quarter, opposite side of rack disconfiguration.

JCDEERMAN

Dawson said:
JCDEERMAN said:
Dawson said:
He was a huge main frame 6 on one side and only had a short main beam, a brow tine a short G2 on the other. He was limping badly and very thin. My best guess is that he was shot late in the season last year or hit by a car.

When the buck was limping, was it one of his front legs? Also, was the non-dominant antler side on the same side of the injured leg?

Makes perfect sense. Usually, when the injury is on one of the front legs, the antler disconfiguration is on the same side as the injury. When the injury is on the back leg, the antler configuration is usually on the opposite side

Winchester

JCDEERMAN said:
Dawson said:
JCDEERMAN said:
Dawson said:

Makes perfect sense. Usually, when the injury is on one of the front legs, the antler disconfiguration is on the same side as the injury. When the injury is on the back leg, the antler configuration is usually on the opposite side
Exactly right!

easy45

whistlinwingman said:
Nice pics easy. I have to ask what is that buck doing hanging around a 3-d target in that last pic? She made a good decoy.

That's just where I shot my bow and just left the target up year round, I can't tell you how many times that thing got knocked down and scattered throughout the yard

Latest posts