BIG Garden question

TX300mag

Poser said:
So, what do you guys do with all of the food you produce? Some of your gardens look like they would produce an overwhelming amount of food for a single family. Do you take loads to the Farmer's Market? Give it away? What?

Mine may qualify as one of the big ones you're talking about. It's certainly the biggest around here, but it probably not too much bigger than a lot of rural TN gardens. But to answer your question...

Yes

Yes, people here accept it much more than in TN since gardens aren't as common. There's also an inner city church in Houston that feeds a lot of homeless/poor people daily that gets what we don't sell at the market.

We also dehydrate and freeze a lot to use over the year. And there are six of us. :)

Sako

Second Harvist here in Knoxville takes produce as well.... we gave a significant amount last year to them and will do the same again this year. We take it directly to a local church that distributes it to the needy. I also give alot away to friends and neighbors. I figure since I have the space, it is as easy to plant 8 plants as 4...

However, one of the things I have started this year is planting things at different times... My goal this year is to have squash (yellow) and zuchinni all the way into late september - till freeze... I have been picking squash for more than a month and will be planting again just after the 4th of July... I am also planting winter squash and more beans at the same time....

Latest posts