Big chance for Vols in the playoffs

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Friend of mine who grew up in Alabama and is a huge 'Bamer fan, says UT has no chance to get into the playoffs, that the selection committee would pick the loser of Ohio St-Michigan over UT. I disagree, UT will get in if they win out

PillsburyDoughboy

here we go batman GIF

MUP

Friend of mine who grew up in Alabama and is a huge 'Bamer fan, says UT has no chance to get into the playoffs, that the selection committee would pick the loser of Ohio St-Michigan over UT. I disagree, UT will get in if they win out
If OSU loses I do believe they will be pushed back into the NC playoffs. If Michigan loses then TN will likely get in. One of the College GameDay crew said as much last Saturday even. He said, for some reason, the committee really likes OSU, and that he thinks that if they lose the committee will somehow put them into the playoffs, but they wouldn't put Michigan in if they lost to OSU.

Spurhunter

Obviously it just eats you alive every minute of every day that TENNESSEE has a shot and 2 loss alabama is out. Sometimes I think about bringing you back to reality and explaining that you aren't on the team, it's just some young men we don't even know playing a game, it's not life and death, and there are much more important things to center our lives around. But then I realize I'm selfish. I just enjoy it too much knowing you are shooting holes in your trailer, throwing the TV remote through the wall, and losing sleep at night knowing alabama is out of the conversation and TENNESSEE is on the way up. I just hope you don't have a dog.

THEdonkey0515

What is USC wins out with a conference chip?
Why do we care about LSU? They have 2 losses and Tennessee embarrassed them in their house.
If they win out and beat UGA most are saying they get in over UT. They will probably be ranked 6 right behind UT tonight after the Oregon loss.

I'm no expert just relaying what a lot of people are saying? So a LSU loss somewhere takes them out of the equation. I don't believe they have a chance in heck against UGA, but I definitely don't want them to win out and beat UGA and leave it in the college playoff committee's hands.

Basically saying LSU with two losses and SEC Championship trumps a one loss Tennessee team with no SEC Championship

Last edited:

PalsPal

I'm confident that we will win out.

I'm also very confident that GA beats LSU.

If TCU wins out, they are in. Not really worried about USC.

We really need OS to beat MI handily. If MI were to win, then the voters will make sure that OS still gets in. It's like the election results in that it doesn't make any sense on paper, but it will happen.

If that were to happen and TN not get in, the fan reaction when Manning got snubbed for the Heisman will look like nothing in comparison. There will be rioting :D !

MUP

I'm confident that we will win out.

I'm also very confident that GA beats LSU.

If TCU wins out, they are in. Not really worried about USC.

We really need OS to beat MI handily. If MI were to win, then the voters will make sure that OS still gets in. It's like the election results in that it doesn't make any sense on paper, but it will happen.

If that were to happen and TN not get in, the fan reaction when Manning got snubbed for the Heisman will look like nothing in comparison. There will be rioting :D !
And, I believe MI will be the one to beat OSU handily. :(

Latest posts