Big 8 down

Knothead

Harvested this dude Friday evening. Had some trail cam photos of him over the summer and had a few of him recently so I knew he was still in the area. Every year I plant a small .8 of an acre micro plot about 150 yds from a destination ag field that picked corn. I had him at 70 yds the Saturday before (10/24) at 4:00 pm but he fed for a while and went back the way he came. This made me think that he was bedded close. I decided not to hunt that Sunday due to a poor wind. I saw the weather forecast and Friday was showing a good wind and cool temps right after a front. Took of work that afternoon and he stepped out at 4:50 within range and I arrowed him. My buddy scored him at 126" but I'm going to get a second opinion.

My guess is there is no way that's only 126". Congrats on a brute, and smart hunting.

stonegraham

Harvested this dude Friday evening. Had some trail cam photos of him over the summer and had a few of him recently so I knew he was still in the area. Every year I plant a small .8 of an acre micro plot about 150 yds from a destination ag field that picked corn. I had him at 70 yds the Saturday before (10/24) at 4:00 pm but he fed for a while and went back the way he came. This made me think that he was bedded close. I decided not to hunt that Sunday due to a poor wind. I saw the weather forecast and Friday was showing a good wind and cool temps right after a front. Took of work that afternoon and he stepped out at 4:50 within range and I arrowed him. My buddy scored him at 126" but I'm going to get a second opinion.
great deer, congrats

stonegraham

great hunt, congrat

JAY B

No offense to your buddy but he is off 10-15" maybe he left off a inside spread or something , great buck congratulations on executing a great plan!

Knightonjd76

That's a beautiful deer! Looks like a deer you could've made a movie where you followed him and watched him grow that mass.

JArender

I shot a deer with a frame like that once. scored 123 by a buddy. had another buddy score it and he got 129. i'd suggest you do like I did and learn to score it's not hard and unless it's are ord breaker who really cares about score. except as bench marks you may or may not have for certain areas or states even if you travel. but I got 129 on mine too. your 3s are a couple inches longer than mine for sure and the 2s may be a little longer. i'm on the mid to upper 30s train here as well

congrats regardless, very nice 8

Latest posts