Big 8 down

Knightonjd76

I shot a deer with a frame like that once. scored 123 by a buddy. had another buddy score it and he got 129. i'd suggest you do like I did and learn to score it's not hard and unless it's are ord breaker who really cares about score. except as bench marks you may or may not have for certain areas or states even if you travel. but I got 129 on mine too. your 3s are a couple inches longer than mine for sure and the 2s may be a little longer. i'm on the mid to upper 30s train here as well

congrats regardless, very nice 8
I've never killed a deer that size. From the sound of it, from several posts, scoring the antlers is pretty subjective....or am I hearing that wrong?

DoubleRidge

I've never killed a deer that size. From the sound of it, from several posts, scoring the antlers is pretty subjective....or am I hearing that wrong?
Not really subjective when dealing with a typical frame....it's actually straight forward.... score sheets with clear guidelines can be printed online.....now non-typical antler growth can complicate the process....but the typical rack scoring process is pretty cut and dry.....but it's possible in some cases people just don't understand the process or have been misinformed.

JArender

it's not subjective at all. Pretty straightforward. can get tricky on non typical la but bone is bone and all has it's starting point and ending point for measuring. regardless of size measure the next one you shoot just to get an ideal. pretty easy. imo

cbhunter

Correct all bucks get four mass measurements.
base, between g1-g2, between g2-g3, and between g3 and g4 or If it's an 8 point between g3 and end of the main beam
Been too many years since I was fortunate enough to want to score one. Guess I could score mine from this morning but I'm pretty sure he is between 65-70. If I wasn't pretty certain, I'd break out the rusty tape ;)

Latest posts