Big 8 down

Ski

Giant!!! Great job!

As for score, don't let the number bother you. 126 is HUGE for an 8pt. Lots of people estimate scores and embellish sometimes, but the tape doesn't lie. 8s just dont score high no matter how big they are. You drilled a stud.

That said, be sure to make sure you got your 4th girth measurements. Lotsa folks forget about them on 8pts.

CDUB

Harvested this dude Friday evening. Had some trail cam photos of him over the summer and had a few of him recently so I knew he was still in the area. Every year I plant a small .8 of an acre micro plot about 150 yds from a destination ag field that picked corn. I had him at 70 yds the Saturday before (10/24) at 4:00 pm but he fed for a while and went back the way he came. This made me think that he was bedded close. I decided not to hunt that Sunday due to a poor wind. I saw the weather forecast and Friday was showing a good wind and cool temps right after a front. Took of work that afternoon and he stepped out at 4:50 within range and I arrowed him. My buddy scored him at 126" but I'm going to get a second opinion.
Isn't there always 2 scores? Gross and net? Net is with deductions but most people talk gross score I believe. 126" is low either way for that TN trophy! Great deer!

MUP

Giant!!! Great job!

As for score, don't let the number bother you. 126 is HUGE for an 8pt. Lots of people estimate scores and embellish sometimes, but the tape doesn't lie. 8s just dont score high no matter how big they are. You drilled a stud.

That said, be sure to make sure you got your 4th girth measurements. Lotsa folks forget about them on 8pts.
Where would the 4th circumference measurement be located?

Latest posts