beyond pissed. think itll get investigated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Bell

while heading into the woods this afternoon there were two guys that were dragging out a buck. the horns were knocked off. it was a clean break. I asked the guy about it and he said the buck had been fighting hard. I walked to his van and he had the horns in the back. I have this deer on camera and am very familiar with him. in fact I saw him at 737 this morning horns in tact. one of the horns had skull attatched the other was a clean white break. I took a picture of the deer and managed to get a picture of the horns before they were snatched away. I have the guys tag number and he was nice enough to leave a fort Campbell parking pass blowing in the wind on the ground with his name. is this something you all can look into or is he just going to get bonus bucks? there was also a side of a broken six that I was seeing on a regular basis that he killed last Tuesday.

bbuck14

Report it to your county Game Warden. He can and probably will investigate it for you.

Baxter83

Fighting hard my butt! It seems obvious what he is doing. How often will you witness two bucks fighting, AND get BOTH antlers broken off??? Report him!

Jimmy1320

So they are automatically guilty of a violation because they knocked the antlers off of a deer after they killed it!?!?!? Sounds to me like they killed a deer that you thought you might like to kill. Since when do we accuse someone of a crime before they commit it? Is this not AMERICA!!

BTW I understand that you shouldn't do this until checked in but who is to say that they didn't check it in on their phone before they drug it out of the woods?

Some people amaze me at how much they act like they know exactly what is going on with a situation.

DaveB

Say J1320-
You think that maybe the guys dragging the deer were telling the truth about fighting etc?

Just wondering.

Jimmy1320

If they were telling the truth or not there is no reason to be overly pissed. Im not even saying they were not doing something illegal I am just saying most of the people on here are jumping to the conclusion that these guys are guilty of a violation. I think it is odd they we jump directly to guilt that is all

UTGrad

It appears the OP is disgruntled cause them boys killed a deer he was watching. Also who's going to investigate it if the OP doesn't report it? Maybe should have called TWRA instead of posting it on tndeer.

160 Deer Stalker

If they were on post I am sure they were poaching. Ft Campbell regulations say that you must maintian all the sexual organs and antlers for check in. When you check a deer there they weigh it and measure the antlers. Why would they remove the antlers knowing that?

A

Anonymous

Really??? Did you call your mom and tell her too? Who cares, quit hating!

160 Deer Stalker

Javven17 said:
Really??? Did you call your mom and tell her too? Who cares, quit hating!

REALLY! It's crap to do that anywhere, if you are doing it with the intent of lying to save your buck tags, especially on Ft Campbell. You are only allowed 2 Bucks and 2 Does. If they were trying to pull a fast one they deserve to be suspended if not more. Hunting on Ft Campbell is a privalige and you should abide by the letter of the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts