Best Ive ever planted

muddyboots

First off let me say I am totally against pre mixed seeds, but we were forcasted a rain a couple weeks back and It was at 8 oclock at night and I had enough seed for about half of my plots. I went to tractor supply and bought the mix they carry. I planted my plots the next day and it rained. All were planted and feritlized the same. The tractor supply mix is a good 2 to 3 inches taller and greener than any other plots. Just passing this info in case anyone wanted to try that seed mix.

TAS

Muddyboots,

It's been my experience that the wheat will pop out before forage oats and turnips. That could be the deal....

BSK

muddyboots said:
TAS said:
Good deal. Around here the deer would be tearing the peas up!

Yea They are not really feeding in these plots yet for some reason. I havent had time to scout this property but lots of beans surrounding the area. I figure they are eating the beans right now.

On my place the deer have suddenly gone of the food plots and I think it's because a few oaks have started dropping their acorns.

TAS

BSK said:
muddyboots said:
TAS said:
Good deal. Around here the deer would be tearing the peas up!

Yea They are not really feeding in these plots yet for some reason. I havent had time to scout this property but lots of beans surrounding the area. I figure they are eating the beans right now.

On my place the deer have suddenly gone of the food plots and I think it's because a few oaks have started dropping their acorns.

See another reason to be jealous....walk in cooler...acorns... :cry:

They are eating my plots to the ground right now.

Latest posts