Best aluminum boat wash and wax ?

FLTENNHUNTER1

Don't know, mines camo so I don't pay it any attention. Offer still stands when you head to Tim's Ford brother.
Same here. I use normal carwash to clean it.

Cropped.jpg

WTM

used to use starbrite wash and wax but now just dawn and starbrite wax or mist spray once in the fall. i hit it with a hose after i pull it out anyway. algae really dont stick to the paint tracker uses. its already slick as snot and i really dont want it any slicker.

ADR

I have the longer version of your boat in the same color. At least in the lakes of middle Tennessee, lime-away or CLR is your friend. Mineral scale is terrible. I wipe my boat down after almost every trip but, especially in the summer, it always seems to collect scale. One word of advice is don't over do it at home in the garage-the same stuff will eat your concrete.

WTM

I have the longer version of your boat in the same color. At least in the lakes of middle Tennessee, lime-away or CLR is your friend. Mineral scale is terrible. I wipe my boat down after almost every trip but, especially in the summer, it always seems to collect scale. One word of advice is don't over do it at home in the garage-the same stuff will eat your concrete.
how bad is that hard water on the engine intakes?

FLTENNHUNTER1

how bad is that hard water on the engine intakes?
That was a concern of mine also. And the heat exchanger. Calcium and magnesium precipitates out of the water onto hot surfaces. An example would be water heater/dish washer heating elements. I flush both my Yamaha motors as soon as I get home EVERYTIME.

Spurhunter

Not sure as mine normally has a terrible mud line like @Spurhunter . Did get mine detailed and new seats and carpet put in this spring. Ashamed to show the before pictures. Cleaned up pretty good.

View attachment 146977

View attachment 146978
I love those Magnums. I still have my (our :D) 176. When I blew the motor up it needed carpet and seats, so I parked it and sold the motor to a guy needing a bunch of parts. After my shop is built I plan to do a full restoration and hang a 150 on it.

TN Larry

I love those Magnums. I still have my (our :D) 176. When I blew the motor up it needed carpet and seats, so I parked it and sold the motor to a guy needing a bunch of parts. After my shop is built I plan to do a full restoration and hang a 150 on it.
I love the way they are built and laid out. I decided to fully over haul mine this year instead of buying new. When the 200 Optimax blew up in 2016, I put a new 150 four stroke on it. That 176 would fly with a 150.

Latest posts