Best crappie rods….

redblood

Not talking about the big long jobs. Im talking about 6 to 7 ft spinning rods -light or uktra light. I have a bunch but im still looking for the perfect one. My favorite now is the TFO pandish . I am about to to order 7 ft ultra light st croix. But the more i research, the more i find? So whats your go to light or ultra light spinning rods.

TRHC

Couple guys down here like those mustad rods that Brandon Lester helped design. He's kinda local to you too.

I personally use the cheap Lews rods. The blue ones with the green handles. We're too rough on rods to buy nice ones.

redblood

Couple guys down here like those mustad rods that Brandon Lester helped design. He's kinda local to you too.

I personally use the cheap Lews rods. The blue ones with the green handles. We're too rough on rods to buy nice ones.
Saw Brandon the other day. He uses Mustad Detector. They are on my list. Good price point too. 80.00

redblood

I see gordon pettie using the real bright colored rods. He has some green and blue ones

TRHC

I see gordon pettie using the real bright colored rods. He has some green and blue ones
Those blue ones he uses sometimes are the same Lews I have. The green ones are ACC Crappie Stix. I have a 10 footer, but haven't tried any in shorter versions. I bought that one to try deep vertical fishing. Guy at work wanted $25 for it, so it's mine. lol.

TNReb

I've used ACC Crappie Stix in 7.5, 8, and 11ft. I like them all. I admittedly don't have any experience with nicer crappie rods, so I can't really compare them to much.

One tip I'll give you - if you leave the 8ft ACC rod sticking sideways out the back of your side-by-side, and you forget about it and pull in to the garage, it just might snap in half. I learned that from my dad. :D

redblood

I've used ACC Crappie Stix in 7.5, 8, and 11ft. I like them all. I admittedly don't have any experience with nicer crappie rods, so I can't really compare them to much.

One tip I'll give you - if you leave the 8ft ACC rod sticking sideways out the back of your side-by-side, and you forget about it and pull in to the garage, it just might snap in half. I learned that from my dad. :D
acc crappie stix have a huge following. but i cant deal with that color. i like plain looking rods. cant do that bright colors. i know that sounds weird. I only use diawa regal lt reels and black or neutral colored rods. the acc crappie stix (even the 6 ft rods) are thicker than i prefer.

Harold Money jr

one of my favorites is a 6' Gloomis super mag taper with extra fast tip. IMO it's close to the perfect curly tail casting and dock shooting rod I bought it about 25 years ago. It could be a little bit longer but, it does fine.
I make my own from mud hole and really like the 7' light action I also like the 6'6 in the same blank.

redblood

just ordered 2 mustad detector rods. one for me and one for my son. super premium rods. already a great price at 89.00, even better with free shipping. but if you use promo code welcome25, you save 25percent off the order. i got a 7 ft light action and 6.5 ft light action. total to my door is 134.00 for 2. not gonna beat that price. check em out.

Latest posts