Crappie rods….graphite or carbon fiber

redblood

Not talking about the 10 or 12 ft type. 6 to 7 ft. I have a bunch. Most are ultra light to light action spinning rods. Love my shimano sensilites and sams super sensitives (all graphite). Recently bought a tfo panfish , st criox and mustad detector.(all 6'6 to 7ft ultra light )I was shocked when all 3 were carbon fiber not graphite. Never considered they wouldnt be graphite. Guess i should have read. All 3 feel amazing, but i havent taken the tags off any. So why are these top end rods going carbon fiber? Should i try them or swap them. Goiing to take the tfo tomorrow and give it a try since it was the least costly. Anyone else have experience with carbon fiber? How does it compare to graphite?

Setterman

I purchased a Trika carbon fiber spinning rod recently and not only is it light but it is incredibly sensitive. I am impressed with it

With that said I fly fish 90% of the time so I'm definitely not qualified to speak any further than that

WTM

nowadays i think its basically the exact same. in the states they still call it graphite and every where else its called carbon. most of the rod makers are using PAN fibers i believe.

Last edited:

Latest posts