Best 15 minutes of fishing!

Kirk

Made a practice run tonight for some upcoming tournaments this weekend. I had an old friend back seating that had some inside information on some big fish. We made a run and hit the secret spot and WOW.

15 minutes of fishing and had five keepers with a combined weight of 19.54 lbs. The biggest weighed 5.62 Pounds. It was the most amazing 15 minutes I have ever fished. We had two solid 4+lb keepers on at the same time and we were both yelling "get the net".

We both decided to stop fishing and left the area. I can only imagine what 8 hours in this area will produce.

username

Kirk said:
I can only imagine what 8 hours in this area will produce.

2 15" fish from my experience. :D

I love finding spawned out 4lb+ schoolers. It's very rare to find them but they will usually stay there if you don't whack 'em too hard.

Something else, I've noticed when a school has 4-5lb fish, it has 6-7lbers too. Where as 3lb schools seem to only have 3lbers.

Nevertheless, Good luck and congrats. I bet you were on a road bed of some kind. ;)

Kirk

This is a photo of Mike Miller and his 5 pounder. He is the one that got the hot tip on the big fish.

gallery_30638.jpg

Winchester

Good luck, you caught 3 more than I would have if you have tournaments soon!! lol I hate bending that hook down but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!

rsimms

Kirk said:
I can only imagine what 8 hours in this area will produce.

I find that on occasion (if not frequently) that the first 15 (or 30) minutes is all there is.

A bunch of hot fish ganged up... you hammer 'em hard and catch, soremouth or spook all the hot fish... and then "Nada."

But of course, there are exceptions. If this is one... I'd love to be with you the next time you hit it. :grin:

shopson

Hey Kirk, how did it turn out? Should you have continued catching fish on that awesome fishing trip or did it pay off leaving them alone?

Kirk

We had a cold front come in on the Saturday before the tournament. It poured rain all day long and was windy as heck. We managed four keepers out of the spot but nothing like the first time. I had a big one break off right beside the boat would probably have weighed 5 pounds or better. Mike lost one on a Pop'r that appeared to be a nice one too. I firmly believe that if we had landed those two fish we would have finished in the top five in Tournament.

The guy that won it had one of those unbelievable days. He had 5 fish that weighed right at 25 pounds. His biggest was 7.15 and his next largest was 6.8. He said he actually culled a 4 pounder.

I wish our secret spot had gave them up like his spot did.

Latest posts