Bad timing yesterday

eddie c

I checked a trail cam mid morning yesterday and the time stamp showed I missed seeing a doe by 5 minutes.
Then I was on my way to my stand where I shot the 5 pt on opening morning for a mid-day to evening hunt and there was an 8 pt feeding under it when I got there. I noticed him before I spooked him and watch for 45 minutes walk back and forth feeding on acorns before he walked off. the wind was blowing from me to him across the field I have to cross and there was no way to sneak around without spooking him.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I went to check persimmon trees. They were torn up so I went back to get my climber and by the time I got back to the tree there were 2 does feeding under them. Then sun as the sun started falling I had a huge, old doe come in and heard me stand up, my heavy coat brushed up against my climber. Just so happens the wind died down that instant from blowingg 30 all day. talk about bad timing.

dont feel bad. it happens to everybody. :D

JeepKuntry

Yesterday afternoon I saw 5 deer. Most I've seen on stand bowhunting at one time. Saw a doe approaching fast and stood only to be spotted by another doe. There were 4 in that group that trotted off. An hour later a 3pt came to within 25 yards. It was just to thick to shoot. I tried can calling a bit and got him to turn around. Then outta nowhere, after I used the call again, he took off running! Wednesday is the next time I can get off work, so Wednesday afternoon I'll be heading to the woods around 1.

Latest posts