Lost a Doe Yesterday

jrbookingtn

So I just wanted to see what yall thought. Shot a Doe yesterday but not sure where I hit her. My arrow had very little blood, but did have blood on the fetching and nock so I would've thought it was a pass through. Not blood on the ground where I hit her though and only found 2 small drops of blood about 30 yards away. There wasn't any food in the blood that would show a gut shot and no air bubbles like a lung shot. I'm completely baffled. Anyone ever had this happen that might be able to shed some light?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

eddie c

I had a similar situation last year. it was a high entry hit right thru the last rib with a medium exit thru the gut area. fortunately I was able to determine what trail she took and first blood about 75 yards out. there was no food matter at any point. a bright flashlight helped find blood in the shade of the trees even mid day. for me it was a 6 hour track job, 1/4 mile long by GPS reading.
just have to investigate your options and try your best.

tsc

What did it sound like when arrow hit? Did she mule kick? How far was she? What kind of broadhead? Was she broadside? How high in tree were you?

jd1983

Was the blood dark or light? Watery? Was the arrow greasy or covered in white fat?

There is a lot of info missing that would help someone give you an idea of what could've happened.

LanceS4803

I hit a doe yesterday that left very little blood. Slight quartering in shot.
She left very little blood on the trail due to the arrow not exiting.
Just because there is little or no blood doesn't mean they didn't go down.

jrbookingtn

It sount like I missed. I thought I shot over her and was surprised to see any blood on the arrow. She didn't kick and she was about 20 yards. Broadside, I was about 15ft up. I was using a grim reaper, 3 blade mechanical. I'd say light blood, watery, and there was such little blood on the arrow I couldn't tell you if it was greasy or fatty.

Sorry for the late reply, been a little busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts