Getting a bow restrung

rattlesnake01

I live in Henderson, can anyone recommend a good shop that can restring my bow. Went out to practice with it and I noticed a little hung up spot on the string so I looked closer at it and it's the start of a run, I picked at it and pulled it so I made it really bad. Never had one restrung, what does it usually cost?

Attachments

• 1FF10126-98CF-4677-9C86-D58C5254E5C6.jpeg
    1FF10126-98CF-4677-9C86-D58C5254E5C6.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 111

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Take it to Custom Gear and Archery in Michie. Those guys know their stuff and have a good selection of new and used gear to boot.

rattlesnake01

I appreciate it guys, I'm gonna take it into custom gear. They don't have any strings in stock so they have to make one, says it's gonna run about $150 for the string installed and add ons are $12 each, peep or kisser. Seems high but I guess since there making one that's why.

UCStandSitter

I appreciate it guys, I'm gonna take it into custom gear. They don't have any strings in stock so they have to make one, says it's gonna run about $150 for the string installed and add ons are $12 each, peep or kisser. Seems high but I guess since there making one that's why.
What kind of strings? Threadz are some of my favorites and can run $125 and up. Some shops wont offer anything other than high end strings that are pre-stretched because they don't want you comin back in 2 weeks complaining of peep twist. The $12 per accessory on the string seems ridiculous to me. That is usually included

Last edited:

Black Titan

What kind if strings? Threadz are some of my favorites and can run $125 and up. Some shops wont offer anything other than high end strings that are pre-stretched because they don't want you comin back in 2 weeks complaining of peep twist. The $12 per accessory on the string seems ridiculous to me. That is usually included

I've tried a couple different brands and now use Threadz on all my bows. Super fast, great customer service, lots of colors to choose from, and over 200 shots on each set with zero peep twist or loss in arrow speed.

BT

rattlesnake01

I called custom gear but the bow string guy is out for 2 weeks so I took it to andersons sporting goods in Lexington on Wednesday and he said it's done today, Friday. I'll pick it up in an hour or so. I got new cables, string and D loop. Out the door is $150.

Black Titan

I called custom gear but the bow string guy is out for 2 weeks so I took it to andersons sporting goods in Lexington on Wednesday and he said it's done today, Friday. I'll pick it up in an hour or so. I got new cables, string and D loop. Out the door is $150.
Not a bad price if that includes all the strings and cables.

When you pick it up ask if they charge to re-tune, or if you can paper tune it while you're there. I know when I had my bow shop restring 2 of my bows, even though I didn't buy their strings, they said if it needs retuned or if the peep rotates, to bring it back and they would retune it for free since sometimes things can change after around 150-200 shots.

BT

Latest posts