Busted the Hoyt out yesterday...

cozy23

Since the weather was so nice I decided to shoot my bow a little yesterday. All I wanted to do was go shoot my AR but I couldn't get away due to the baby. So I grabbed the Hoyt and slung some arrows in the yard. First arrow in months hit dead center in the bull (only at 20 yds but still!). Shot a few more then one arrow blew through my target into the leg of my deer target I yanked it out and it broke off at the end.

Shooting went well but now I'm down to 4 arrows. Oh well, I have plenty of time to get more!

Anybody else bust their bow out for the first time this year yet?

lazyhubby70

I shoot year round.....very seldom touch a gun......gonna fletch up some feathers this week to shoot a recurve I picked up...

cozy23

TNDeerGuy":3f1ef7ig said:
Mine never gets put up—my only problem is choosing which bow to shoot.

Yeah, I know some of you guys shoot quite a bit. I haven't really had a chance, even if I wanted to, since our son was born. I have come to realize that a lot of free time (me time) goes away when you have a child. I wouldn't change it for the world now that he's here. It makes me cherish those outings even more now.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Broke mine out last week and had a bad d-loop so bow fired about half way back. Then went to have it tuned and new loop and had my hoyt derail on me in the pro shop. That's something I hope I never in counter again at almost full draw. But now it's all good and slinging arrows every day

cbhunter

got my "new to me" hoyt out sunday and slung some arrows.
if you think your time is limited now, just wait till you have 3 or 4 little ones and you spend all your time at ball practice and so on and so forth.
we have gymnastics on Monday night with the oldest, then the 3 younger ones all play softball/baseball on 3 diff teams in 2 diff towns.
ball practice started this week and will always be games and or practices 3-5 times a week for the next few months.
did I mention I LOVE IT!!!!!!
while it must be great to shoot year round, always cherish the moments with the kids and never take nothing for granted!!

LanceS4803

I try and shoot as soon as I get home from work, before even going inside.
My yard is marked already so all I have to do is open the garage, put out the target and shoot a couple dozen arrows.
Takes 15 minutes max.
The calm before the storm.

Latest posts