• Help Support TNDeer:

Auto transmission ATVs, Utility machines

OldFart

I'm showing my ignorance but as I've said before, I'd rather show ignorance than to remain forever ignorant. Are there any of the above? I'm handicapped and can't change gears (bad right leg and foot). Maybe even a hand operated clutch??

DCA-DEER

A lot of them now are automatic my Polaris ranger and Yamaha grizzly you just hold the brake and put in either forward or reverse give it gas and go no shifting required except the initial putting in gear

cbhunter

Supporter
Yep, mostly autos today no matter the brand. Also a lot of Honda’s have the shifter on the left handle bar if you prefer manual shifter. One button to shift up and one button to shift down.

OldFart

Where are the brake "controls" usually located? Foot pedals or hand controls?? I have very little to no control with my right leg/foot. Both hands and left leg are OK.

Bucket

On my manual shift Honda, the right foot is a redundant brake pedal. Both brakes are on handlebars and shifter is on the left foot.

encore06

I have a Kawasaki Teryx4. Its automatic And I purchased a set of hand controls and my son and I installed them. They’re easy to get accustomed to

Latest posts