Auto transmission ATVs, Utility machines

OldFart

I'm showing my ignorance but as I've said before, I'd rather show ignorance than to remain forever ignorant. Are there any of the above? I'm handicapped and can't change gears (bad right leg and foot). Maybe even a hand operated clutch??

DCA-DEER

A lot of them now are automatic my Polaris ranger and Yamaha grizzly you just hold the brake and put in either forward or reverse give it gas and go no shifting required except the initial putting in gear

OldFart

Where are the brake "controls" usually located? Foot pedals or hand controls?? I have very little to no control with my right leg/foot. Both hands and left leg are OK.

encore06

I have a Kawasaki Teryx4. Its automatic And I purchased a set of hand controls and my son and I installed them. They're easy to get accustomed to

Uncle Jesse

The Japanese brands have a brake on both sides of the handlebars. The others only have a hand brake on the left so if you're driving with one hand and holdind a gun or something then you have no brake

OldFart

Thanks for replies! It's only a dream so far. Could use an ATV here in CO but Forest Service and BLM people have this "Power" thing and are closing many trails.

Snake

Thanks for replies! It's only a dream so far. Could use an ATV here in CO but Forest Service and BLM people have this "Power" thing and are closing many trails.
Get a SxS most can be registered to ride on road ways in alot of states but there is a minimum mph they have to go . Here in Tennessee they have to be able to go 45 I think , have rear view , side mirrors plus a horn . I think they can only be road on certain roadways but I'm not sure just wouldn't think you could ride them on the interstate . I've seen several around town where I live and actually have mine setup all I have to do now is register it and get a tag , just weighing that option .

OldFart

Get a SxS most can be registered to ride on road ways in alot of states but there is a minimum mph they have to go . Here in Tennessee they have to be able to go 45 I think , have rear view , side mirrors plus a horn . I think they can only be road on certain roadways but I'm not sure just wouldn't think you could ride them on the interstate . I've seen several around town where I live and actually have mine setup all I have to do now is register it and get a tag , just weighing that option .
Thanks muchly! In the "subdivision' where my cabin is and also in Park County, you can't use an ATV on public roads where there is vehicular traffic. I will have to look into the licensing requirements.

Snake

Thanks muchly! In the "subdivision' where my cabin is and also in Park County, you can't use an ATV on public roads where there is vehicular traffic. I will have to look into the licensing requirements.
An ATV is a little different than an UTV SxS in being able to ride them legally on the roadways , don't know why but there is a difference. Now in Georgia I thinking you can ride a four wheeler if registered on a roadway but only with a helmet, don't know what other requirements there are but have seen four wheeler with tags on them in Ga.

Latest posts