Asking for for a friend

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

All I know is this thread has been very entertaining on my dinner break!! I can see now that I'm communicating with very " wise" people who are full of "great advice" 🐃 . Thanks for making my day. Yall are great. Haha

T. J. Mercer

1) if you catch the ticks too late, they'll still be there attached, so you don't have to guess as to what bit you. And as stated above, if you can see 'em, they're ticks.

2) if you catch them early enough (like a big dirty patch on your leg or ankle), high pressure water will get em off, then fingernail or tape the remaining few as prescribed above. As a kid, we'd strip down and hit the nearest pond, pool or water hose. I'd say I've had hundreds of thousands of them on me across the years.

3) if you're willing to shave, try the other "secure with your manhood" approach and wear pantyhose to prevent them.

4) chiggers ... they are of the devil. At least with ticks you know where you stand. You don't know you've got chiggers on you until it's too late. Makes you afraid to enter the woods once you get hit with them.

Good luck.

Jcditt

Let's say you're on your daily run/walk and you see some woods that a relative owns and you get curious and go exploring. Keep in mind I'm in tennis shoes, shorts, and a plain white undershirt that has been cut into a sleeveless. Anyways you go exploring and you find some good land for Turkey, deer, and ginseng, you ask the relative if you can do all those things come season and you get permission! GREAT NEWS RIGHT? Then when you're sitting on your ole lazy boy and feel your leg hairs moving, so you shake it off and go on with it. It keeps on going and you look down and realize it's the dreaded CHIGGERS 😡! Them bastards are demons! So I strip but naked and hop in the shower and scrub my legs and nether regions down real good. So with that being said will this stop them? Asking for a friend of course 😉
Let's say you're on your daily run/walk and you see some woods that a relative owns and you get curious and go exploring. Keep in mind I'm in tennis shoes, shorts, and a plain white undershirt that has been cut into a sleeveless. Anyways you go exploring and you find some good land for Turkey, deer, and ginseng, you ask the relative if you can do all those things come season and you get permission! GREAT NEWS RIGHT? Then when you're sitting on your ole lazy boy and feel your leg hairs moving, so you shake it off and go on with it. It keeps on going and you look down and realize it's the dreaded CHIGGERS 😡! Them bastards are demons! So I strip but naked and hop in the shower and scrub my legs and nether regions down real good. So with that being said will this stop them? Asking for a friend of course 😉
This may sound odd. But kept me chigger free for 4 years on ft Bragg. I would eat the match heads off the pack of matches in my MRE drink plenty of water your sweat will have the sulfur and whatever BS is in the matches and chiggers hate it. My buddies covered in chigger bites, me not one! Just saying its worked for me. You may want to research it a bit before you decide to meat a pack of matches for breakfast 2 hrs before a deer hunt!!
If rather shave my legs than put myself through that much pain 😂

Ski

Along with keeping your legs shaved try using a strong women's perfume. Any brand will work , just apply heavily.

Reminds me of a funny but non-related story. I came home at daylight one morning smelling like perfume, booze, & sweat, and was looking pretty rough, so I rubbed some blue chalk all over my hands for an alibi in case I got caught. Sure enough wife was waiting up for me. She asked where I'd been so I said, "honey the truth is I've been out all night with the most beautiful blonde, and I'm really sorry. Please forgive me?" Hands on her hip with the death stare she told me to hold out my hands. One look at the blue stain and she went off full tilt, "you SOB liar you've been out gambling at pool again!!!"

Sadly that's a partially true story, but I'm not saying which part 🤫

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

This may sound odd. But kept me chigger free for 4 years on ft Bragg. I would eat the match heads off the pack of matches in my MRE drink plenty of water your sweat will have the sulfur and whatever BS is in the matches and chiggers hate it. My buddies covered in chigger bites, me not one! Just saying its worked for me. You may want to research it a bit before you decide to meat a pack of matches for breakfast 2 hrs before a deer hunt!!
Guys like you are why I feel safe...match head eating, camo wearing Americans.....just plain tough!!!! Thanks for your service and tick story

Bell3wv

Kerosene...lots of kerosene🤣

jason2779

Chiggers aka red bugs are red this looks brown most likely seed ticks but where there is one there is the other! Used to dab a little 'coal oil' kerosene around bottom of paint legs this always. Worked as kids picking berries! And clear finger nail polish on top of the chigger will smother the little demon! Hate them so bad!

Willysman

Tell your "Friend" he shouldn't go in the woods this time of year without spraying down. Ah after all the pain is gone it will be worth it when that trophy buck or big old gobbler walks up.

akachuck

Tell your "Friend" he shouldn't go in the woods this time of year without spraying down. Ah after all the pain is gone it will be worth it when that trophy buck or big old gobbler walks up.
Your right. It was dumb on his part to go in and not be sprayed down. To be honest I don't know if there's anything up there. I did find a tree stand up there so someone hunts it.

Marlin308

Several peer reviewed studies have shown both chiggers and seed ticks will avoid the color pink at all costs. The hotter the pink the better. They also hate the reflection from rhinestones. You can take things from here.

jessebelk

I thought Zantac was took off the shelf from all the suits . May be a newer brand of Zantac.
It was pulled but there is a new Zantac 360. I haven't tried that, but I imagine it will work about the same. That's why I also recommended Pepcid, and there are other H2 inhibitors available OTC as well. For me it's worked for chiggers, ticks, mosquitoes, and biting gnats.

rifle02

I have actually used gasoline before to get them off. Take a cloth and put gas on it. Rub legs vigorously until the rag needs another wetting of gas. Repeat until you are happy.
Not sure if it was seed ticks or chiggers but I one time used up half a can of Coleman lantern fuel on my legs. Seems like it worked and it doesn't smell as bad as regular ol gasoline.

Snake

It was pulled but there is a new Zantac 360. I haven't tried that, but I imagine it will work about the same. That's why I also recommended Pepcid, and there are other H2 inhibitors available OTC as well. For me it's worked for chiggers, ticks, mosquitoes, and biting gnats.
I took the generic brand of Zantac for years guess I got money coming if I get cancer but hey I'm rebuking the cancer they can have the $$$$.

Latest posts