AR-15 Information.

anythingoutdoors

Well I don't have any experience with the AR rifles but I am thinking of buying one considering the election and other things going on scared maybe if I don't get one now I may never, what brands and styles do you guys lean towards I would like a flat top in standard 5.56-223. I just want to know what companies make them and about how much I can expect to pay.

If you are looking for a self-defense type gun stay away from "match" chambers they tend to be tighter on tolerances and can be picky on ammo. The match chambers will stick if your ammo is the least bit out of spec. I would go with a 5.56 chamber not a 223 because they are slightly different and 5.56 will accept more brands of ammo, 5.56 is the NATO standard. Be careful about adding battery powered optics, some are rugged and dependable others are not, but remember batteries go dead and iron sights do not. Bushmaster makes a quality rifle as well as DPMS, Rock River and a bunch of others. I have a BM and a Doublestar that I built and it will shoot with just about anything out there except target guns with match chambers. If you buy a complete gun you can get into one for around $700-$900 depending on the brand, sometimes you just pay for the name and resale value or that name.

Important:
http://www.winchester.com/lawenforcemen ... storyid=11

BucknBass

I've got a Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit on order from a place called Legal Transfers. Their website is AR15sales.com and they were the cheapest I found at $905 shipped. A buddy of mine has this exact rifle and it's a tack driver even at 200 yards. I also ordered a .458 SOCOM upper for deer and hog hunting.

If you're not in a hurry, you could also try a local gunshow. I saw several AR's in the low $700 at the Dalton GA show last week and one for $695, new. Of course you have to add tax and NICS if you buy through a dealer. Lot's of choices when you buy AR's.

DaveTN

DPMS
Smith & Wesson
Colt
Bushmaster
Saber Defence (Makes some stuff in Nashville)
Rock River
Olympic Arms
Armilite

Just to name a few.
$700 to the sky�s the limit.
EBR�s are habit forming� be careful.

I wanted a 7.62 NATO, so DPMS got the nod.

DPMSPantherLR-308AP4-005.jpg

DaveTN

For a heavy caliber it is a very comfortable weapon to shoot.
It does a great job of taking up the recoil in the action.
Less recoil than my Garand and no where near the recoil of my shoulder pounding 700 VLS .308.
19 rounds of .308 is a lot of firepower.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts