Sionics AR Barrels

tonybart55

Quick question: looking to build a nice AR.

I initially was going to go with a Criterion Barrel, but the $300+ price tag is pretty hard to swallow.

I found Sionics which has everything I'm looking for on paper :
- 1/8 twist
- Chrome Lined bore and chamber
- mid length gas system
- All this for about $200

But I can't seem to find a ton of info on them. Has anyone used them before? And if so, what was your experiences with them?

I guess I could always just save up to buy the more expensive Criterion barrel but just didn't know if anyone has experiences with Sionics. Thanks 👍🏽

tonybart55

backyardtndeer

No experience with those, but have built ar's using ballistic advantage barrels and have been very happy with them. I believe it's tough to beat their barrels for what they cost.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Don't know your intended uses for this barrel, but I'd rather spend on something that I know than to go the bargain route. I'm agreeing with the comments thus far about getting what you pay for, or at least going with a known quantity

tonybart55

No experience with those, but have built ar's using ballistic advantage barrels and have been very happy with them. I believe it's tough to beat their barrels for what they cost.
Yea, ballistic advantage was another barrel I was looking at, my brother in law has an ar with their lower priced option and it seems to shoot well 👍🏽