Anyone use a Hawk crawler cart?

Savage Knight

What are your thoughts on these? Pros and cons? I caught the last 10 minutes of a sale Midway was running yesterday, and bit the bullet on one of these. I've got a cheap 2 wheeled cart but I hate fighting with it! I guess I'm trying to convince myself that I didn't just piss away $170 😁

Savage Knight

I have one. Best cart I've seen for going through the woods or trails. The downside is the weight and size when trying to haul it around.
I've used a gorilla dump cart from lowes, i love it except the plastic tub sounds like a subwoofer goin threw rough terrain and it takes up the whole back end of my Cherokee

TheLBLman

As to the Hawk Crawler, nothing does better when cutting thru typical woods, having to go over stuff like logs.

On good trails, I prefer a large-tired (20" or more diameter) traditional "deer cart" (which is easier to roll).

IMO, the Hawke deer crawler would be much, much better if they had made it with larger diameter tires.

My only real complaint is that it comes with very "cheap" inflatable tires that are bad about puncturing and mine have NEVER held air. Since Day One, I've had to keep air cans taped to the frame just to reduce the chance of flat tire off-road before can get the thing back to the truck with a deer on it.

I'm thinking about putting some custom solid rubber (and larger) tires on one just to make it a lot better.

Carlos

What are your thoughts on these? Pros and cons? I caught the last 10 minutes of a sale Midway was running yesterday, and bit the bullet on one of these. I've got a cheap 2 wheeled cart but I hate fighting with it! I guess I'm trying to convince myself that I didn't just piss away $170 😁
If you don't like it, after seasons over, I'll give you $100 for it.
Ive heard those are really good, just make sure it's in the truck when you plan on shooting something.. 👍

Tennessee Lead

Some Pros off the top of my head, the ability to go around sideways terrain without tipping like a 2 wheel cart.
Haven't found anything it won't crawl over. It will walk out of the truck bed.
Some cons
The foldable handle only has a single pin in the tubing which can allow it to pivot. I drilled a second hole and added pins to prevent this.
Saplings can get caught between the pivoting axles and stop your forward progress right quick.
Weighs around 50 pounds
Doesn't turn as sharp as a 2 wheel cart.

I am very pleased with mine. I wouldn't want to revert back to using a 2 wheel cart.

Attachments

• 03092335-21F7-4CD0-965B-DD171F1C547D.jpeg
    03092335-21F7-4CD0-965B-DD171F1C547D.jpeg
    539.1 KB · Views: 142

Savage Knight

Thought I would give an update on this so far…. I drilled holes and added pins as advised above. I've used it to haul a stand and sticks in and managed to haul 2 deer out! The first being about a 80/90lb doe. It made what could have been an hour long drag into a 5 minute walk. I've never hauled a deer out before without breaking a sweat! Today my buddy dropped a BIG bodied 6pt that would have been a real chore dragging it out. It was in a lot thicker and rougher terrain so goin in I knew it would be a very good test. He was ALOT bigger then the doe, and you could definitely feel he was on there. But this thing never missed a beat! Over logs, uneven ground and climbed a bank with it. It never tipped, the deer never slid off even without being strapped down. Only real issue was the width, it did hang up a few times but if you have an established trail this thing is a game changer! If you are in the market for a game cart this thing is worth it's weight in gold! Your back and joints will definitely appreciate you spending a little extra cash!

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
1st time I've seen one. I put 2 extra wheels on my cart years ago.I got the wheels off a Old Wheel chair. Much Much easier getting it around in the woods.

Latest posts